Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay I have a tow bar but no trailer on my '89 GL1500........

I am considering a few models and designs, I think in the UK you can't have a trailer wider than the bike but I'm not restricted to width in Australia BUT what are the handling and safety considerations?

Many Campers and '3ftx4ft' box trailers are wider that the 110mm / 43 inch width of the wing mirrors - is this a problem?

Paul

Victoria
Australia

·
Premium Member
1,232 Posts
Welcome from Brisbane Paul. Weight is you main consideration here in Queensland. You should be able to check on your Main Roads site to get all the legal information.

·
Junior Grue
8,153 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

I don't know the legalities in Australia but any trailer that is wider than the towing vehicles mirrors at mirror height creates a blind spot beside the trailer and is a safety issue.

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts

Welcome:waving:paulS

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
So are you looking for a trailer, or a camper trailer?

I know the TimeOut campers are sold in Australia, as well as a couple of Australian models, and I'm pretty sure all of them will be wider then a motorbike, so it's clearly not a problem.

I'm in the middle of importing a TimeOut direct from the US (I decided Aust prices were just to over the top) so can give a bit more advice when it gets here, hope late this month but we'll see.

Charlie

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
TRAILER PLUS ATTACHED TENT (CAMPER) = 5 x cost (TRAILER PLUS UNATTACHED TENT) !!

Thanks for the welcome guys.

I am thinking trailer not camper - mostly as I have heaps of tents and campers seem like :

FORMULA:

TRAILER PLUS ATTACHED TENT (CAMPER) = 5 x cost (TRAILER PLUS UNATTACHED TENT) !!

but I am open to ideas and may even consider sewing one up.............

Paul
semi sunny Victoria Australia

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.