Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased an iSimple IS31 awhile back through Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/iSimple-IS31-Antenna-Modulator-Aftermarket/dp/B002U5XPBE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1400290959&sr=8-1&keywords=iSimple+is31

And finally got around to installing it. As with every other damn thing when working on a GL1500...it was a bit of a struggle to do it, but I placed the unit beneath the left front fairing pocket compartment and used the marker light plug to power it (so as to have the circuit on a relay with the key). The switch is installed on the top cover to the left of the ignition switch, and the audio input wire is runs under the seat and comes out around the driver's backrest: I did this because I wanted to run a CD player placed on the passenger seat. I can also use the wire for an iPod, etc. and place those in my coat/shirt pocket.

How well does it work? PERFECTLY

I took a 200 mile ride today and it worked flawlessly. I believe this may be the best solution short of sending the radio in to Sierra to have an Aux Input installed.

Just thought I'd share my finding with y'all.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Glad to hear it! I have one of the more involved iSimple kits in my Ford Escape (the is77 kit, with an iPhone-specific charger in addition to the rest), and I've been very impressed. At the moment I'm using a cassette adapter on my Wing, but my plan is to install an iSimple kit. I've looked at the one you got, and wondered if it would suffice, and obviously it's the way to go.

I'm not comfortable enough with electronics to take apart my stereo & start soldering stuff to circuit boards, but the iSimple kits are soooo easy.

Thanks for posting!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.