Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

The Main TT race week starts today Saturday, well should have, the rain came down. The races will have to run on Monday. The final houris being usedthe roads were for more practise laps.

Meet a couple lads from the States yesterday, over especially for the races had a good chat with them, had to leave their HD's at home.

Sorry Redwing, the solo Honda 50cc street bike class had to be canceled due to the 5 mph winds.

Any one coming over to see the racing?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,028 Posts
imported post

Did it almost every year from 1985 until 2001. Great events altogether.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
636 Posts
imported post

Rain! :(

I've not been for a good few years but I can remember one day where a friend and I sat and froze in the mist on the mountain while the girl's got sunburnt at Peel.

If I ever get fit enough I must get over again. The coverage on Men and Motors is excellent! Wonder what they'll do for the 9pm slot tonight?

My old1100went around a treat and surprised a good few people as did my 1500. Can't say the same for the 1200 when I owned it as it tried to kill me a couple of times due to poor handling.

Watch out for Mad Sunday!!!!!:pumpkin:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
401 Posts
imported post

One of my ambitions in life is to go the Isle of Man TT. But it won't be for a long time yet. $$$

Unfortunately TV coverage of it here is really slack also

Andrew
 

·
Postpubescent member
Joined
·
36,382 Posts
imported post

manxblackcat wrote:
The Main TT race week starts today Saturday, well should have, the rain came down. The races will have to run on Monday. The final houris being usedthe roads were for more practise laps.

Meet a couple lads from the States yesterday, over especially for the races had a good chat with them, had to leave their HD's at home.

Sorry Redwing, the solo Honda 50cc street bike class had to be canceled due to the 5 mph winds.
Glad to see you back, been wondering where you were!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

exavid wrote:
Glad to see you back, been wondering where you were!


Thanks exavid

Had to take time out due to ill health, not sorted yet but feeling better.

Well I spoke to soon about the TT, the side cars got the first race in late Saturday. Won by a Manx Team. Two teams in hospital, one pair badly hurt, hope they get well soon.



Mad Sunday today.

The weather is better this morning

This afternoon will see the first solo racing.

Mad Sunday, for those who don't know is were the police open the mountain part of the course one way. The mountain road or most of it does not have a speed restriction, the object seams to be either,who can 'total' their machine first, or be the first in the wooden box.

Well my wing stays in the garage today.

Andrew, PlayStation 2 has a fantastic and realist game 'TT superbikes' This is as good as it gets if you can not get over + the dvd'sfrom 'Dukes vidios'

Redwing missed out last night, the ,Purple Helmets,had their display on the promenade with their Honda 50's, or may be was he init?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
636 Posts
imported post

Manxblackcat,

Sorry to hear about your recent ill health. Get well soon.

Also, sad to hear about the sidecar accidents. Hopefully everyone will make a full recovery.

I rode around the circuit on mad Sunday once - never again. My favourite time was around 7pm when most people were eating. Near empty roads and people who knew how to use their mirrors.

I did hear a rumour that a blanket 60mph limit was going to be imposed on the unlimited stretches during TT fortnight. Any truth in it?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Graham B wrote:
I did hear a rumour that a blanket 60mph limit was going to be imposed on the unlimited stretches during TT fortnight. Any truth in it?
Graham B wrote:
I did hear a rumour that a blanket 60mph limit was going to be imposed on the unlimited stretches during TT fortnight. Any truth in it?

There has been a think tank ongoing on how to make the roads safer for all, the result has been 50mph restrictions either end of the mountain, with road cones restricting the width of carriageway on bad bends, sounds drastic but it works really well, the mountain remaining no speed limt, the mountain is one way one hour after the days racing, mountain then closed for 45 mins then reopened two way.

Mad Sunday is now closed 1.30pm due to the re scheduled super bike 6 lap race at 2pm. Grandstand is to screen the TT next Saturday as well as Men and motors each night, you can listen live to all the races on http://www.Manxradio.com on AM.

On a sour note, one the sidecar lads sadly passed away in hospital this morning.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,923 Posts
imported post

Hope you recover fully soon, missed you around here!

By the way, that clamp you sent, I modified it to accept my cel and it works wonderful. Looks professional and now I ride down the road chatting with my son practically every day. He is a courier and on the road all day as well and our cel to cel is free, so we keep ourselves amused by talking to each other.

Anyway, get well soon. Great to see you!!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

Brojees wrote:
Hope you recover fully soon, missed you around here!

By the way, that clamp you sent, I modified it to accept my cel and it works wonderful. Looks professional and now I ride down the road chatting with my son practically every day. He is a courier and on the road all day as well and our cel to cel is free, so we keep ourselves amused by talking to each other.

Anyway, get well soon. Great to see you!!

Thanks Brojees,it is going to be a long time before I get back to full fitness.

I am glad the bracket was of some help, no point of it gathering dust.

Just back from watching the 6 lap super bikes, won by John Mc Guiness Northern Ireland
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
279 Posts
imported post

:DIf any of you are at the TT on the mountain, and saw the Protours coach on a racing line going to pick up the Marshals. That was yours truly driving. The time it took the officials to dedide to let me go on closed roads was ridiculous.

Royce :shock:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

Royce wrote:
:DIf any of you are at the TT on the mountain, and saw the Protours coach on a racing line going to pick up the Marshals. That was yours truly driving. The time it took the officials to dedide to let me go on closed roads was ridiculous.

Royce :shock:

Hi Royce

So it is you that holds the Protour bus lap record on closed roads. Graham my son was on thescore board at the Grandstand, he can't recall any lap record by a bus. There is always Monday!.

Only one of the Elite wing members has made contact, he is arriving Tuesday. I will give you a ring after Mondays racing.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top