imported post

anyone going over to the isle of man for the tt races this year

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
imported post

My daughter lives over there so dont know what we are doing yet?As

first grandchild due there in April, been over the passed couple of

years. I prefer the Manx GP because it was a better atmosphere.

Got the Ulster GP booked tho.

Lynne

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
imported post

I am thinking about going what days are you going for redneck.
I looked at the 5th June - 8th June

Pauljay

·
Premium Member
3,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

i have'nt decided a date yet,and have'nt booked the ferry,i think its going to be 4th -13th june, i'm mashaling again this year, so i will wait till i here from the ttma till i book anything, have you not thought about being a marshal yourself?

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
imported post

No I wouldn't go and marshal I was thinking of going over on the Friday 4th and coming back on the monday. I would have to camp and I don't like camping very much. I haven't been before on a bike so am a bit clueless. I used to go when I wasyounger to the Ballroom dance festival which I was the junior Isle of man champion 1975 the dance festival was the same week as the practice week so thats how I got into it. any tips on accomadation or camping areas would be great.

Pauljay

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
imported post

pauljay wrote:
No I wouldn't go and marshal I was thinking of going over on the Friday 4th and coming back on the monday. I would have to camp and I don't like camping very much. I haven't been before on a bike so am a bit clueless. I used to go when I wasyounger to the Ballroom dance festival which I was the junior Isle of man champion 1975 the dance festival was the same week as the practice week so thats how I got into it. any tips on accomadation or camping areas would be great.

Pauljay
There is a campsite at Kirk Michael that have frame tent for hire just turn p in the clothes you are wearing every thing is their, sleeps six. Tents were a bit tatty last time we stayed but its only for sleeping in. The course is only about 300 yard away so you don't have to get up early to get a spot.

Good luck

·
Premium Member
3,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

http://www.gov.im/tourism/

i dont mind camping, you need to book early if you want a b&b and homestay, camping is the cheapest way,i havent booked a campsite yet myself, i think glenlough camp site is where i'll go this year, as they give a discout for marshals,driving on the island is easy especially for the tt fortnight, you just need your wits about you, just adhere to the speed limits, when out of town and you see the national speed limit sign, well, there is no speed limit then, just ride what your comfy at, i do, i dont care what speed the other riders ride at, ive seen too many accidents through ignorance and speeding, mad sunday speaks for itself, i got to castletown on mad sunday, there is a fayre on, classic car,bikes, car boot sale, its gets busym i got for the hamradio tent, being a radio ham myself, i give the lads a hand to set up then spend a few hours using the radio's and then have a leasurely ride on the back roads keeping away from the nutters

·
Premium Member
3,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imported post

thats up to you paul, i myself wont bother, too many people take too many chances in dangerous places, a lot of people get up early hours and ride the course, go onto you tube and search "mad sunday" and see what you come up with, then theres the ramsey sprint on the 9th june, pay them some dosh and give the bike a blast down the quarter mile, ramsey gets packed on that day, let me know if you make up you mind and we can meet up, sam's bar on the promenade in douglas is the favourite place,i cant remember the name of the other pub, being a non drinker i forget pub names quick, liverpool would be the best ferry port for you, heysham is a bit nearer for me

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
imported post

Thanks for that redneck I will let you know if I go I noticed your photo there on the Blackpool run I was on that 2008. Stayed at Pontins and loved it. I will be there again this year 4th Sept.

·
Premium Member
3,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
imported post

it was taken last year, i'm oly 30 minutes away so i can run home or stay at my sisters in blackpool

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.