Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Master Sgt. USAF Retired.
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I just finished the installation of the; "Path Blazer Headlight Modulator." It was advertised as "slim enough to fit beside the head light installation." First of all; the unit works as advertised. Second of all: the directions are slim, leaving much to the imagination.the unit came with a piece of "Velcro" I guess for stickingthe OEM plug and modulator in a place other than thefactory supplied "clasp." The problem with this type of Velcro installation is that there is not a surface large enough and flat enough to use the Velcro. Installing the plug and modulator in the factory position would not allow the head light assembly to fit againstthe"screw bosses," there is not enough clearance between the fairing and the light assembly. I wound up modifying the original, metal retainer to accommodate the plug and modulator; laying 90 degrees (from the factory position) in the clasp. This allowed (barely and I mean barely) the headlight assembly to be installed, however, there is no doubt that the modulator is up against the fairing. Hopefully; engine and road vibrations will not cause it to prematurely fail. In summation; you would think that when a product is touted to be "what you need" and you pay the asked price; you would think that the instructions would be more detailed and all potential "stumbling blocks" would be addressed. Again; don't get me wrong...the product works and seems to be of high quality, but if I did not have a technical background...this installation could be a frustrating task. Tomorrow! A brake light modulator and a digital battery monitor.

Norm

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

Norm
That is a frustration with many aftermarket parts.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.