Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
20 year old me: "Hur Hur! Nice land yacht, old guy! Was the fez a factory option? Ha-dur!" Drags knuckles back to lime green 500 ninja

32 year old me: "Boy howdy this comfy, rolling couch can MOVE."

Anyone else thankful, and not a little surprised, they outlived their imbecilic twenties? Age, experience, and The Redhead's insistence on a backrest led me to the Goldwing. Lack of knowledge led me to you guys.

Let's see if y'all can learn me enough to fix everything that's wrong with this "runs great, needs nothing" $750 (including the trailer) Craigslist impulse buy.

IMG_20191117_161438584.jpg
IMG_20191117_161434078.jpg

·
Administrator
24,486 Posts
Nice looking 1100, except the Vetter fairing, (I don't care for the looks of them). I would sure check the age on those tires if I were you.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And you're right about that fairing, all I can think is purple rain. But the headlight ears are hiding underneath!

·
Administrator
24,486 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Now, I'm gathering that the belts need to be changed more due to time then mileage? The clock says 23,XXX, which seems soon for timing belts. But I don't know of any guaranteed way to tell if the odo's flipped. The paint is in tremendous shape if it has, but with an interference engine I'd rather not have a Pretty Paperweight.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you for the warm welcome trike lady. I'm excited by all the challenges of this machine. I can't wait to get it sorted and Ride.

·
Premium Member
58,740 Posts
Hallo Angel City Motors

Welcome on this nice forum. Wish you al the best.
And good luck with your Wing.

·
Administrator
57,621 Posts
Well, from the remarks that I have heard, it is more a matter of time, rather than miles.
If, one were to be putting a lot of miles on a bike every day, to work/back and makes a couple of long tours, then I should think that running to 100,000 miles would be just fine....
IF, that were done within a 10 year life time.

In your case, I would spend the 25 bux just to rest easier at night.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts