Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

We where out for a ride last night when we stopped at the park to get some pics of a buddies bike, I stopped pointing my headlight towards Jerry's bike, put my foot down and found a harley calling card and laid DR (Diggers Ride)on her side:shock:

By the time everyone got to me I had her picked up, Thanx to whomever posted the link on how to pick her up:clapper:

The part that really PMO (urinated me off) was after I got her cleaned off and squared away, took a picture of Jerry's bike found out it was to dark for the pics to turn out:X... So we just rode for a few more hours and came home...

Other than that it was a great night of riding:clapper:

·
Premium Member
4,948 Posts
imported post

Don't feel too bad Digby, yesterday I rode over to a guy's house to drop off a set of keys for a car he bought off me. When I pulled up I got into a patch of deep pea gravel. I was about stopped and the gravel just sucked me over. I was standing there holding the bike from going completely over but unable to bring her back upright. Basically I was stuck in that position. I hollered at him to come help me and he just casually sauntered over with a big smile on his face, but he finally did help me get the bike upright and I rode out of the gravel without anymore problems.

The really bad thing about this is the guy's a Harley rider and looks like a bike gang member, tattoos, long beard and all. How embarrassing! Fortunately I won't be crossing paths with him again and won't have to hear about it.

I was the one that recently posted that procedure for picking up our bikes but ya know, I don't think I could of used it there because of the 4 inch deep pea gravel.

Gladyou didn't hurt yourself or your bike.

C-Ya

Hobie

·
Premium Member
9,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

I was sort of in the same situation... I was holding her at an amazing angle but losing my gripe...I new I had better set her down as easily as I could before it slipped and slammed down and just pick it back up again:cool:

My buddy was laughing saying..you can tell by the look on yor face thats the first time you laid it over:goofygrin:...It won't be the last:goofygrin:

·
Premium Member
4,931 Posts
imported post

I can just tell, by the near misses I have had , and while being extra careful, that it will just be a matter of time before I drop my Wing. Hopefully it will be in private. Maybe it will be better to have some help around.

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
imported post

Hope you didn't mess up that 19 hours worth of polishing you did to that wing :shock:

·
Premium Member
9,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

liquidplumber wrote:
Hope you didn't mess up that 19 hours worth of polishing you did to that wing :shock:

Nope I just spent about 2 hours on the front forks:cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.