Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I am a clean freak. Not that I want my bike to be a poser, but back in the very early 80’s, my advanced MSF instructor said something that resonates in my mind till today. “Washing your bike is the closest look you will get of it”. What he meant, and I have proven true, is that while do so, you will notice leaks, loose nuts etc before they become bigger issue. This has saved me thousand over my 27 bikes (the wing being 27, the Valk #26). So, in cleaning my bike last eve, not a wash, just getting the salt air off it, I noticed a lever that operates in the horizontal direction:stumped:. It sits right at the corner of the left hand back seat between the trunk and the saddle bag. I played with it:baffled:, read my manuals and could not figure out what it did. I sure would like to know because if it is the release for the trunk or something, it is bound to fly off today:(. Help anybody?

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

It was fitted on the SE only ,it is for lowering and hiring the passenger foot boards ,but it should be on the rigt as you sit on the bike not the left ,Just press on the board and move the lever to the side and see what happens ,It may well be stuck ,Ciaran

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
imported post

Mine works just lime Wexy say's :cool::cool:

·
Premium Member
4,401 Posts
imported post

wexy wrote:
It was fitted on the SE only ,it is for lowering and hiring the passenger foot boards ,but it should be on the rigt as you sit on the bike not the left ,Just press on the board and move the lever to the side and see what happens ,It may well be stuck ,Ciaran
Is that like "lowering and raising"?:cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

SB in SC wrote:
wexy wrote:
You raise them in SC ,but in Ireland ,you hire them up ,but most things raised in SC need to be hired up at some stage in their life :D:D

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

wexy wrote:
SB in SC wrote:
wexy wrote:
You raise them in SC ,but in Ireland ,you hire them up ,but most things raised in SC need to be hired up at some stage in their life :D:D
Regardless of how many Guinness you had for breakfast, I understood and really appreciate the info. It is in fact on the right side. I was looking at it from the front so I messed up.

Keep the foamy side up!!!

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
imported post

Rudy wrote:
96aspencade wrote:
mmMMmmm Liiiiimmme
I don't have one, but... if I did, it would work just lime Wexy say's :cool::cool:

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
imported post

A clean bike is a sign of an unhealthy mind!

·
Probationary
4,535 Posts
imported post

Dragoon, that's a funny one, sort of. If the passenger's floorboards are in the up position, the lever will appear to do nothing...need to stand on them.

Unfortunately, your manuals sound all tootypical. :shakehead:

Wexy; If you take your bike to the shop, are you 'hiring' them to fix it or are you 'raising' them? I speak American, but am trying to learn English.

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
imported post

Is a Lime Wexy similar to a Vodka Ricky?

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
imported post

Cousin Jack wrote:
Rudy wrote:
96aspencade wrote:
mmMMmmm Liiiiimmme
I don't have one, but... if I did, it would work just lime Wexy say's :cool::cool:
The sharks are swimmin' tonight :waving::waving:

·
Premium Member
627 Posts
imported post

Cousin Jack wrote:
A clean bike is a sign of an unhealthy mind!
no i have a clean bike beause i have TEENAGERS:cheeky1:and if they want to go for a ride they better keep the wing clean. gee i'm a mean dad:cheeky1:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.