Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Less than a week!

Just for the record, I mean, its almost time to give presents...

I dontask foranything at Christmas... I dont deny myself too much throughout the year, so if someone does my stocking, thats all good...

·
Premium Member
6,097 Posts
imported post

I love the season for getting together with the family and the food.

I miss having my grandsons around, that would really make it exciting again.

I've only ask for one thing and I'll have to wait to see if I get it.

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

My biggest present is having the whole family together and then having dinner with all the relatives and friends that will come. We usually have at least 40 for dinner. You wouldn't believe we could get that many people sitting down at once, but she does it.:jumper::pumpkin:;):):santawaving::santahat::snowman::toast:

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

tanygaer wrote:
Presents are for kids, I am the biggest kid in our house....
Does that mean you get the biggest present??:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
imported post

I have to agree with Spiderbob, the family together, the excitement of the kids opening their presents, there's no other day like it. I have to admit being extra blessed for it.

I was married and had 3 kids and failed (like many others) to appreciate how short that with them being little would last. All to soon they grew up. Well, after a divorce, and a second marriage that ended due to EXTREME abuse of two boys, I found myself at 42 a single dad with a 10 yr. old and a 10 mo. old. 2 months after that an accident ended my nursing career, so I found myself a fulltime stay at home dad. At first I went through a bit of self pity time, you know the whole poor me thing. The best part soon shone through, I was now able to reexperience what I failed to fullyappreciate before, but I was also able to be a part of all the little things I missed being at work. I soon came to love the cooking, cleaning, diapers, throwing up and everything else that came with it (my favorite was the thunderstorms that would send them running to my arms as we curled under a blanket my favorite chair). Now at an extremely immature fifty years of age, I find myself with a wonderful fiancee and 4 kids ranging from 13, 12 (hers) to 10 and 9(mine).

Getting up early to turn on the tree and watch them rush to the tree with anxious excitement is a time I relish. I don't lament the lost sleep or wander away for coffee and silence. The happiness, excitement and love that come at this moment are all to rare to miss now.

God definitely blessed me in allowing me a second chance at having children and be able to do it right and appreciate it. It's finny in a way, I don't think about it much anymore, but as I write this I look at the tree andthink about morning to come and it's a throat choker.

Christmas may be for the kids as far as the presents go, but for the preciousness of the moment in time, it's for the adults.

God bless you all my friends, and a VERY Merry Christmas.

PS-Not to appear non-selfish, I made sure to hint to my fiancee that I/we needed to get one of them there anti-gremlin bells.:angel:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.