Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
imported post

Definitely want to see you Wednesday, and if not Wednesday I will make a special trip over later!

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
imported post

Looks like just what we need for the GL1800. Well done.

·
Banned
596 Posts
imported post

Hmmm. microprocessor controller instead of a $ 0.15 potentiometer? Seems a bit much for < $5.00 in parts needed to design it.

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

a waterproof pot for 15 cents... if you find one, give me a holler

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
imported post

Doesn't matter how much or little the parts cost. There's time taken to make the thing as well as the time they guy spent scratching his head designing it. I think the $80 is well worth it if it works. Think of the hundreds of $'s we spend on chrome bits that must cost very little to make and quite often the quality of the chrome is terrible.

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
imported post

Hey Jon, do you ship to Ireland? Also, how does the voxset2 differ from the older one? Thanks. :)

·
Premium Member
1,028 Posts
imported post

Grouchomax wrote:
Doesn't matter how much or little the parts cost. There's time taken to make the thing as well as the time they guy spent scratching his head designing it. I think the $80 is well worth it if it works. Think of the hundreds of $'s we spend on chrome bits that must cost very little to make and quite often the quality of the chrome is terrible.
The Kennedy stuff always works. In my opinion it's always well tested before we get it. Jon takes pride in his work, other manufacturers should sit up and take note (I've just binned another piece of Kuryakyn chrome that is just chromed right over steel with no copper coat). Electrical Connection are one of the few other companies that share the Kennedy method of going to the bother of getting our opinions when making new stuff.
I've had a Kennedy Cellset for years and it always works without any problems.

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

yes, we ship to ireland, although I would prefer to hand carry it!
we've replaced the external adjuster pot with an adjustment via PTT toggles. it now also has a toggletalk function.

·
Premium Member
1,153 Posts
imported post

Jon, am I right in saying that the Voxset2 is on all the time and you don't have to push a button to talk? Only I had another setup on my 1800 (previous owner fitted it) and you had to press a button to talk. Very awkward, I had to literally instruct any pillion people before they got on the bike, so I had the thing removed.

Also, does the Voxset2 work if you have no CB radio fitted to your gl1800? Thanks in advance. :)

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

You do not have to hit the PTT to talk.
The unit it is active all the time. When you speak, your voice breaks the squelch and the mics turn on.

It does have a mode that enables you to toggle the mics on and off, if you want.

It will work on bikes without a radio, however you will need to install a PTT button of some sort (ours for example) to control the squelch level.

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

Dave Campbell wrote:
Hmmm. microprocessor controller instead of a $ 0.15 potentiometer? Seems a bit much for < $5.00 in parts needed to design it.
DAVE ,If "kennedy" thought a .15 cent potentiometer would do the job ,I am sure thats what they would have used ,,They have always had excellent quality products and quality does not come cheap ....These people have been around a long time and know what they are doing and they have a very successful business going ,I dont think they would be doing so well if they were fitting cheap componets in their products ,,,

cheers Ciaran

·
The Irish Crew
1,248 Posts
imported post

Yes, on the button wexman. I have a Cellset as well. Great product, crystal clear sound and never a moments bother with it. Nice one Jon. :clapper:

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
imported post

I love the Kennedy stuff as well. Value for money and great backup. The Cellset is an all-time favourite and has seen service on my last two Wings.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.