Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Magic Moderator
4,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who would like to try another operating system, don't have the $$ for another machine and don't want to fuss with a dual boot; you may want to have a USB hard drive like the one in the pic. I got the complete case from an Ebay seller and had a hard drive on hand to put inside the case.
To make it work I installed the hard drive into the main slot and installed the OS from the USB stick to the hard drive, when that was done I removed the drive and placed it into the case, went into the settings and added it can boot from the USB.
F12 I can select either drive to work from.

Attachments

·
Magic Moderator
4,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was just an experiment that worked, I didn't know if an OS on a stand alone drive would even work. I downsized the amount of laptops in use and when I wish to use the Linux Mint 19.1Xfce I don't have to swap out the second drive any more. Because I hardly use Windows7 its hard drive has been removed and put up and the optical drive reinstalled to watch movies.

·
big PIA
1,367 Posts
It has a 24 hour trial to see if you like it. I used for a couple hours and went ahead and ordered it. I pay month by month, it covers 2 devices, can be used on phone or computer , we have smart tvs

·
Administrator
57,504 Posts
I get Hulu free with Sprint, I also have another streaming service that has 1000s of channels, all over the world
Jetstream TV, been using it for past couple months, costs me 23.99 I believe

https://jetstreamlive.tv/
We used to have DirecTV, but switched to Dish TV.
I will NOT watch commercials, and won't configure my life around when a program is supposed to air.

for me, it is worth the price to have a recorder with 1TB of hard drive space.
a lot of the CBS movies have "AutoHopper" which is a commercial skipper.

those that don't get the Fast Forward treatment...
I very rarely ever, watch live TV.... and that is for local Weather when Tornadoes are in the air close by.

·
big PIA
1,367 Posts
Despite its says live almost everything can be watched, I have been watching all the seasons of Angents of Shield on it so it's not just live TV as name inplies

1 - 8 of 8 Posts