Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

First, this is a great site. What a vast storehouse of information . . . Though, in my mind the best thing about this site is not so much that someone guided me through changing my timing belts, but that many someone's encouraged me, and in a sense, came alongside of me while I changed my timing belts.

Second, I know that some of the same questions keep coming up time and again: starters, coolant, brakes, etc., and that much of that info can be gleaned by a simple search. But back to point one; if someone guides me through a procedure then I become a part of this great online community.

Third, many of you are great at this; you patiently guide us, again, on how to change the starter, fuel pump, etc.

Fourth, in my mind, this site is not just about getting information; it is about making friends . . . the search button never makes friends with anyone.

Lastly, I think it is good to point someone to the search button, but it is even better to talk about the same thing again.

Chuck

·
Premium Member
2,919 Posts
imported post

That's been covered before . . . . . . Did you try a search ?? :D

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

I guess I set myself up for that :}

·
Premium Member
1,356 Posts
imported post

Your right Chuck I know the first time on this site I was asking a technical question on some repair and I got a response back right away. I was amazed at the help it's like having a bunch of guys hanging out in your garage but you don't have to buy them beer or feed them.
I have said it before and I will say it again this is a great site and I am glade to be a part of it.

·
Premium Member
2,970 Posts
imported post

:clapper: Way to go THE LAKE.

i have felt like this before but some questions like " what tire is best" , How to synch my carbs" , what oil do you use", and The infamous DEER ALERT thread are better off in one spool.
In My opinion

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
imported post

When I found this site I was amazed (and continue to be amazed) at the willingness of members to regurgitate information as often as needed. I was also rebuilding an 89 Supra Turbo (my other garage decoration) at the time and the sites I was looking to for support got real pissy if they had to tell it again. A response that says SEARCH is very unfriendly. Pointing someone to a thread is a much preferred method me thinks ;)

BTW - the Supra is pushing the 400 RWHP mark at this point in its life :cooldevil::cooldevil:

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
imported post

Wingnumberone wrote:
That's been covered before . . . . . . Did you try a search ?? :D
:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Disfunctional Nimatode
3,381 Posts
imported post

My sincerest thanks to all that have helped me. What I like the most is the Gremlin Bell that Teacher sent me.

You guys are swell...........

Thank you.... thanks alot.

·
Premium Member
2,970 Posts
imported post

Uh oh. You recieved that bell as well.

Believe me. Teacher will cash in soon.:dude:

J/K How is teacher. I think Ill send him a PM I havnt sen to many post from him in the near past

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.