Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just over a week ago several fellow workers and other friends ( 9 total) made a trip from central Fl to N Ga , TN , N.C./S.C. . They had a great time saw the wonderful colors and took in Wheels Thru Time as well .
Two of the group headed for home a few hrs ahead of the rest . They made it to Lake City Fl with no problems . At that point they made an exit from one highway to another . It was a curved exit that merged into the next highway . The point of merge was on an elevated road (bridge). The road was 2 way ,one lane each direction . I dont know what the rider was thinking ,but it seems he merged right into the passenger front fender/door of a p/u pulling a travel trailer . The bike was between the truck and gaurdrail , up on the gaurdrail then under the trailer blowing out the right side trailer tires . ( this is how it has been explained to me )
The rider was wearing gear . He suffered a badly broke wrist and was taken to Trauma hospital in Gainsville Fl . They say his helmet was beat up quit a bit as well as scuffed up leathers. I was told yesterday he is awaiting surgery to put some plates in and repair the wrist .
So this is just a reminder that gear is helpful but having mind in the wrong place is hurtful . As the weather is nice lets all be carefull as we enjoy our rides before packing the bikes for winter .

·
Texting Survivor "Barely"
107 Posts
Wow! Your right sometimes we all can make mistakes! Hope he's does OK.

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
We all do make mistakes but when your on your bike, you need to be paying that extra attention that all bikers need to pay. It's bad enough that the don't see us (or don't care to), but we have to take the lead in making sure we are seen and that we do the right thing....... Not always that easy, I know.

God Bless this rider and hope he recovers well.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
I'd say most accidents on bikes are committed by the rider. That doesn't mean that cagers aren't out to get you too.

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
Target fixation can be a real PITA.
Glad his injuries were minor

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.