Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I am finally an official "GoldWinger" After owning and riding a goldwing for the last 10 years. I joined the "Real Goldwingers" club today. I actually stopped at a DQ for the very first timeand had a blizzard.. My goodness those things could get addicting, and it sure tasted good in the 100 degree weather though.

:ROFL::cheesygrin::cheesygrin:

·
Premium Member
10,253 Posts
imported post

What took you son long..We even left a light on for ya......

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,152 Posts
imported post

:claps:

Darn right you are!

Was that the DQ down on Central Avenue? :ROFL:

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
imported post

My Harley riding buddy must be a Goldwinger at heart. He never passes up a DQ or any other ice cream joint. I think he likes ice cream

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
imported post

Well...... I own an Coffee / Ice Cream Shop.....

If your ever passing through the Pilot Mountain Area of North Carolina, Look us up (Nana's House, 134 W. Main st Pilot Mt.)

Look us up, if you mention this forum, Ice Cream is on the house!

And I'll bet you can't finish a Papa Sundae Supreme!

·
Premium Member
2,221 Posts
imported post

jobe05 wrote:

If your ever passing through the Pilot Mountain Area of North Carolina, Look us up (Nana's House, 134 W. Main st Pilot Mt.)

Wife said that sounds like a trip to North Carolina is in order.......:action:

·
Premium Member
1,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

AZgl1500 wrote:
:claps:

Darn right you are!

Was that the DQ down on Central Avenue? :ROFL:
Nope, this one was on I-40, at the Flying C Gas Station and Tourist Trap.

:cheesygrin:

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
imported post

jobe05 wrote:

If I would of had my wing and known about this forum when I lived in Murphy NC( 4.5 hours from ya) I would of excepted that challenge. lol

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
imported post

Anytime a forum member needs a break, just pop into the shop and mention that you know Papa from this forum and we'll take care of ya. We are about a mile off rout 52 right next to Pilot Mountain. There is a great camp site on pilot mt also, a state park, that's quite nice to stay in and you have far to go to get coffee in the morning.

Edit: just read what I wrote, and I did not intend that to be a shameless plug or advertising for the shop. If it's not acceptable to the moderators I would understand if you pulled it.

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
imported post

jobe05 wrote:
Anytime a forum member needs a break, just pop into the shop and mention that you know Papa from this forum and we'll take care of ya. We are about a mile off rout 52 right next to Pilot Mountain. There is a great camp site on pilot mt also, a state park, that's quite nice to stay in and you have far to go to get coffee in the morning.

Edit: just read what I wrote, and I did not intend that to be a shameless plug or advertising for the shop. If it's not acceptable to the moderators I would understand if you pulled it.
Great! Now I am hungry for Ice Cream. :waiting:

·
Friend of Bill W.
1,930 Posts
imported post

ziadelsol wrote:
I am finally an official "GoldWinger" After owning and riding a goldwing for the last 10 years. I joined the "Real Goldwingers" club today. I actually stopped at a DQ for the very first timeand had a blizzard.. My goodness those things could get addicting, and it sure tasted good in the 100 degree weather though.

:ROFL::cheesygrin::cheesygrin:
Did you join the GWRRA or did you start a new habit?

DQ is the official headquarters for GWRRA group rides.

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
imported post

jobe05 wrote:

WOW, You got a deal!

I'll be heading for SC. sometime before long and I ride through parts of NC.
How long is this offer of free Ice Cream good for LOL

908miles, 15.5 hours direct, or 1012 miles 17hr 20min for ice cream if I detour!

OK, 756 miles to your place, an iron butt ride I could maybe use the sugar rush for the last 256 miles to get to where I will be going.
Will you sign my Iron Butt ticket when I get there?

"And I'll bet you can't finish a Papa Sundae Supreme!" LOL
May be just what I need for that last 256 miles :shock:

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
imported post

Not sure if I am a true GoldWinger yet myself or ever will be?
Last time I was in a DQ all I got was coffee and only stopped there because the other 2 I was riding with stopped there.
Does that count or am I banned now?

Last time I really went to a DQ and got anything it was a Dilly Bar and only cause my kid wanted one, that was years ago and I did not have a wing yet then.

Shame on me! More often you would see my wing at an Arby's in some town that has one, never at the DQ here where I live.

Although last year on way to ES6 I did stop at DQ, wanted to ask some wingers passing through town if they were going to ES6 also LOL
Thought maybe they were some of us, but they weren't.
I did not go in DQ though, just parking lot, does that count??

·
Premium Member
5,319 Posts
imported post

Be careful John! Those DQ stops can add a lot of weight to the suspension of your bike in no time at all!!! Don't ask me how I know!

;)

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
imported post

Chromo wrote:
jobe05 wrote:

WOW, You got a deal!

I'll be heading for SC. sometime before long and I ride through parts of NC.
How long is this offer of free Ice Cream good for LOL

908miles, 15.5 hours direct, or 1012 miles 17hr 20min for ice cream if I detour!

OK, 756 miles to your place, an iron butt ride I could maybe use the sugar rush for the last 256 miles to get to where I will be going.
Will you sign my Iron Butt ticket when I get there?

"And I'll bet you can't finish a Papa Sundae Supreme!" LOL
May be just what I need for that last 256 miles :shock:
Fell free to stop in, it would be a great pleasure meeting some of you and a privilege to help you along your journey. Just send a PM if you need directions or the phone number to the shop....... If Im not here, Nana is always here and I told her of this deal with you guys.......... Now she thinks the 60's version of the Hells Angels is going to show up............

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
imported post

Scootertrash wrote:
Hey Jobe,
Pilot Mt.,isn't that where Briscoe Darlin & Ernest T.Bass Live ??:waving:
No...... They were from Hazard county...... were ever that is.

Pilot mountain (or Mt Pilot) is from the Andy Griffith show.

·
Premium Member
2,076 Posts
imported post

Free ice cream . OK hun just going down the road for ice cream

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.