Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Life Time Premium Member
3,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

It's that time of the year and a lot of new members don't know about it. We have a list of our own forum members who are willing to help you out if you are in their area while traveling. They list the area they are in and phone numbers to reach them. If you are on vacation or a long ride and get stranded they can help. I urge each and every one of you to sign up and also offer your services. It can be emergency shelter, picking up and dropping off a part, bringing tools or even relaying messages. PLEASE sign up to help and print out the list of emergency numbers to keep on your bike.

Our members have put a lot of effort into making and keeping these lists up to date. On this one from digby, he will add you on and email you the whole list:
http://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/forum4/48772.html

On this one from Rudy, you sign on to his site and can access it while traveling or print out the states you will be going through:
http://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/forum4/48399.html

Please do it now before it gets buried in your mind with everything else going on.

Thank you.

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

Good post Dennis.

I have seen a couple of folks lately who wait until they are in trouble on the road and then try to sign up while they were stranded. Since this list contains peoples contact info, I have to approve them first to protect those already there.

Sometimes I can do this quickly and sometimes I can't. If you think you might need it, I would recommend doing it earlier rather than later.

Ride safe everyone and enjoy the summer weather season.

·
Banned
1,234 Posts
imported post

Well from experiance, I can truly say that this works. I'm on one list at least, if not both.

I broke down on a Sunday morning 60 Miles from Columbia, SC. with in 30 mins of making a few calls to guys around here, I had Baggy to the rescue. Turns out that ODB was en route from the other direction, the pretty much got there at the same time. I was also helped out by yet a third winger Kit, whom was nice enough to among other things, let me store my sick baby in his garage.

So again for those in the cheap seats or former Harley riders GET ON THE FREAKING LIST AND USE IT

·
Life Time Premium Member
3,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

And as DingDong says let your credit card companies know when and where you are going. Sometimes they shut off your card when your vacation spending doesn't match your normal spending. If you are always on one side of the country and all of a sudden there are multiple charges from the other side of the country they might shut off your card and leave you stranded.

http://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/view_topic.php?id=73845&forum_id=4

·
Premium Member
9,409 Posts
imported post

Also, I need your info: Name, address (city/state) phone number(s), and email address,to put you on the list before I can send you a copy. PLEASE SEND EMAIL ADDRESS SO I DONT HAVE TO LOOK IT UP :waving:

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,723 Posts
imported post

...Sure appreciate all the hard work there Digby, that book is like having your own private repair service close at hand.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.