Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

After about 10 months of work and waiting the salvage GL1500 I'verescuingpassed DMV inspection an hour ago and she is now 100% road legal:cheeky1::clapper::cheeky1::clapper::cheeky1::clapper::cheeky1::clapper::cheeky1::weightlifter::cooldj:

She ain't pretty but what a ride :jumper::goofygrin::grinner:

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
imported post

wow.... and you have to pay extar for a paint job like that.... lol

congratulations... nothing more satisfying than a project well done... hats off to you

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

So Eluak, the only question left now is..... green or red:baffled:

Excellent job and good to see another bike saved from being broken down. Be good to see her when you have got her into pristine finish.:cooler::clapper:

Pete

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

She's gonna be RED when she done :cooldevil:

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

That's cool, I'd leave it like that (unique) !:clapper:

Wow that back seat looks like the "Queens Throne":bowing:!

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
imported post

Good job and congratulations eluwak! :clapper:

Thats gotta feel GOOD! :cooldj::weightlifter::clapper:

Bob :11grey:

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

eluwak wrote:
She's gonna be
RED
when she done :cooldevil:
Yes Sir, :clapper: The Fastest Colour. :weightlifter: :18red:

:weightlifter::18red::weightlifter:

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
imported post

So, eluwak, would you do it again? When I was looking for a wing I checked on e-bay to keep up on prices and saw several salvage bikes from insurance companys. I did consider going this route, but was unsure how hard finding all the parts would be.

·
Premium Member
9,409 Posts
imported post

eluwak wrote:
She's gonna be
RED
when she done :cooldevil:

I have to agree RED would be the best and fastest color!!

Looks great as she sits:clapper:

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

johnmac wrote:
So, eluwak, would you do it again? When I was looking for a wing I checked on e-bay to keep up on prices and saw several salvage bikes from insurance companys. I did consider going this route, but was unsure how hard finding all the parts would be.
I think the hardest thing to find is the main fairing in good shape. I was lucky and won the fairing I used literaly minutes after winning the bike and while looking casuallyhaven't seen one like it since. As long as the frame is good you can fix it basically. You have to really search for the parts actively... I'm still looking for red shelter pieces, engine guards, a tach, etc.Salvage dalers can put you on a phantom list but no matter how many times I'vebenn put on it I've never had a call back for something.But the bike is good enoughfor now. I'd like to get her 100% complete over the next year and start adding my own touch.

I would do it again mainly because I'm a projectholic (ask the better half ;)). I learned alot about the wing and have much more respect for it after putting in so many hours of frustrating work. In the end it's quite gratifying to bring something back from the dead :cooldevil:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.