Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Magic Moderator
4,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got the printer to work with the Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon and I'm pleased, there is no more dragging out the Windows7 along with the printer. I now have a cross stitch charting program installed and can now make charts. I have 2 laptops that run the 19.3, one is a daily driver and the other is a tester so that I can work on stuff away from the main one. Put a new CMOS/BIOs battery in the daily driver and ordered a brand new OEM battery for the daily driver (E6510). I'm some what leery of Windows10 and don't like being spied on and thus my $200.00 investment is sitting in the closet waiting on a new version of Linux Mint 20.3 Cinnamon. :)

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,155 Posts
I'm in no hurry to be installing and learning new versions.
although, 19.3 is enough improved over 18.3 that I don't regret installing it.

it seems to have a few of the wrinkles there in 18.3 polished up pretty good.
one of those being the printer drivers.

another is a smoother working NEMO, which is pretty much like it was, but it handles files a bit better.

I got an email from DaveO430 that he can't view some pictures in an email that I sent to him, he is using 18.3 Cinnamon... I still have my old laptop setup in 18.3 Cinnamon and looked at the same exact email and I can see the pictures.... so don't know why he can't?

·
Magic Moderator
4,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like the 19.3 better than the 18.3, it seemed to have given me less problems with the printer and the installation was quick. I haven't tested it to see how well it will scan an image yet, that's for another day. :)

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,155 Posts
I like the 19.3 better than the 18.3, it seemed to have given me less problems with the printer and the installation was quick. I haven't tested it to see how well it will scan an image yet, that's for another day. :)
I tired the scan feature just once, immediately started Epson multiFunction printer into scan mode, and the image came up on the screen.

·
Magic Moderator
4,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The cross stitch program is worthless and has been removed, I'll use the Windows7 and the program I already have and works.

·
Magic Moderator
4,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The job is done and the new HP laptop has joined the Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon family, Windows10 is gone I really didn't like it. Now its a usable computer and I found on Ebay a seller with the caddy to add a second hard drive. :) I can then add a second one if I wish.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts