Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Between still recovering from when the deer committed suicide on my bike and my wife's health, I've decided it's time to quit riding. My wife depends on me as her care giver, and I can't afford to be injured or worse again. She just got out of a week in the hospital from a subdural hematoma that had her in the ICU for 4 days. She's doing well now, but still has a way to go. I will miss it. The 99 Wing was totaled by the deer, so that's gone, but I still have a 79 and an 84. I will be listing them to try to get rid of them. I have enjoyed the years on this site and have learned a lot. Because of this site I have been able to keep many older wings going strong. I'll still be around, but not as much as in the past.

·
Premium Member
349 Posts
Prayers for a speedy and uneventful recovery for your wife will be included in my nightly "chat" with the "Boss". You have a lot "on-your-plate" for sure, but keep coming back here to help us "Rookies" with the occasional troubles that these bikes have. Your knowledge and experience are still needed and "requested". And keep us up to date on your lady's progress. Best of luck M'friend.

·
Premium Member
12,687 Posts
That is a decision many of have to make at some point. Your reasoning is sound. I am sure you thought a lot on this and make a hasty choice. Prayers for you and your wife.
As mentioned above , your always welcome here and your years of knowledge are valuable to other folks with Wing problems. Please do continue to visit when your able.

·
Administrator
24,395 Posts
You can still drive to our RTEs. Keep in touch.

·
Premium Member
55,688 Posts
Glad to see the wife's on the mend.. It's tough to give it up, your decision is very honorable...........

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks y'all! I am thinking about keeping the 84 until I can get it on the road again. John, I was thinking about the RTE, and thought I'd probably drive to some of them. They are a lot of fun. Like I said earlier, I will still be on the forum, just probably not as often as I was.

·
Premium Member
3,362 Posts
Know the feeling. Hope the wife gets through this well.

I too have wondered if it isn't time.

I'm only 64 but in 2016 was diagnosed with NHL DLBCL (an aggressive Lymphoma) after having Doc investigate a growth. Since Sept '16 been fighting it. I have a MRI and check up Wed, getting anxious.

Bottom line, I'm OK on the trike, but not sure about the '85 Aspencade 2 wheeler. Sold my Trident last year. "Wife Unit" gives me "the look" when the 1200 is mentioned. She spent every day I was in Chemo, ER, and Stem Cell Unit by my side.

·
Banned
500 Posts
what happens if yall get better and want to go for a ride? doctor told me dont look forward to much longer. I AM looking forward to much longer. may not make it, but im gonna ride sumptin, sumwhere.

peace

yall drive on over to gore okiehoma to the soda steve store. get a chipped pork sammich and say " next time, lets take the bike"!

prayer and positive attitude goes a long way.

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,158 Posts
Between still recovering from when the deer committed suicide on my bike and my wife's health, I've decided it's time to quit riding. My wife depends on me as her care giver, and I can't afford to be injured or worse again. She just got out of a week in the hospital from a subdural hematoma that had her in the ICU for 4 days. She's doing well now, but still has a way to go. I will miss it. The 99 Wing was totaled by the deer, so that's gone, but I still have a 79 and an 84. I will be listing them to try to get rid of them. I have enjoyed the years on this site and have learned a lot. Because of this site I have been able to keep many older wings going strong. I'll still be around, but not as much as in the past.
Hey LarryC..:waving:..I'm really sorry to read the above post..:sadguy:I wish your Dear Wife a speedy recovery. I remember the day like yesterday that you joined this great forum..:toast:..Don't rush to quit riding..:12red:..heck!! I still take my neighbours :18red: for the occasional ride and i'm a few years senior to you...:ssshh:..When i'm talking to The Boss tonight I'll mention you and your Dear Wife to Him...:praying:

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank you Redwing. Believe me, I'm not rushing. I just truly think it's best at this point. I'll miss it though.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts