Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Oh hey thanks so very much for the offer. However I'll be running a complete new engine management based on a Speeduino ECU. Quite possibly the latest variety so I can run the efi fully sequentially. I'll certainly post up the details as I build it because that will probably be of more interest.
I built my own efi setup for my Viva with a Mazda v6 , using megasquirt. Its a really fun part of the build process and very cheap to do as well.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Hey folk. I'm still working away on this. Its going well- really thankful to have had it turn up to tinker away on while our country was in lockdown. Now things are going back to normal here I'll be doing other jobs but still work on this as much as I can. I'm currently re-fabricating the oil pipes to and from the pump, filter and engine to suit the new position of the pump , backwards and on the other side plus a new oil filter position (moved to allow room for a engine cross member)

Lots of work to do yet but I'm getting through the hardest bits now. EDIT; some of the photos loaded are out of date order. The chopping of the transmission case came before the heating and welding of the new sump flange- honest ... I'm not a magician wth a time machine :)

P1080451.jpg

I'll be doing a proper update on the car forum thread soon- up till now you lot are the only folk who know that this is taking place :)
Its going to be a lot to post up! I'm really excited about how its going and honestly even if it all went pear shaped at some point its still been a fun bit of engineering so far- lots of head scratching.

Alex

·
Registered
311 Posts
Cutting metal with bare feet is only slightly less manly than frying bacon naked.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
He he.. Yeah those are my favourite safety feet in wearing there. Barefoot through out summer and most of winter because.. Well its just nice. Its a very kiwi thing as well. Especially in our region. Beach life. My feet are pretty leathery so its very rare i get anything in them plus i sweep the floor often!
But i do wear steelcaps when lifting heavy stuff/sheets of steel.

I'd love to get a better mill in the future and it will happen but for now this little drill mill has proven to be very handy. Anyway... It takes a huge mill to be able to fit things the size of an engine block under the cutting head.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts