Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

J and M headsets

785 views 12 replies 12 participants last post by  JimArmstrong1 
#1 ·
imported post

Not strictly Goldwing I know, but I am sure many Goldwing owners have been down this road. I am about to fit a J and M headset into my Arai full face (expensive) helmet. Before I set about cutting out bits of it with a craft knife to accommodate the speakers and microphone, has any body got any advice, tales of woe or other wise words which might assist me?

#2 ·
imported post

dont use a knife , get a large washer the same size as the earpiece and get it welded to to the top of a bolt or something like that and then heat it up and then press it into the white inner foam of the helmet ,it will melt it into the perfet shape of the headset speakers :) :) :)

#4 ·
imported post

Great tip,!

#5 ·
imported post

I traced the speaker on the plastic and went at it (gently) with a dremel. Quick and easy. Just don't get aggr/strofoamessive...

#9 ·
imported post

Wexy, great inexpensive tip that works.
Since we install a couple thousand headsets a year at Sierra we use Diablo Forstner bits. A little pricey for a one time use but sure do a clean job. Most new helmets are a real pain even for us as most no longer are made like the old Arai, Shoei,or HJC with pockets to lay the speaker in. Manufacturers such as Shuberth only recommend a couple of installers, Sierra included, qualified to properly install headsets in their helmets.

#11 ·
imported post

austin allegro wrote:
Not my strong point measuring. I usually measure several times and still manage to cut /drill wrong - I have shelves to prove it!
[align=center]

[/align]
[align=center]Welcome austin allegro[/align]

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.