Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I recently installed the J &M Audio elite speaker/ microphone in my 3/4 helmet. Very disappointed with the lack of base when listening to music. I did have to remove the included pads to fit them properly. The speakers are approx. 3/4 inch from touching my ears. Should they be closer?? Also hooked my ipod into the Z-Cable that plugs into the bike (new product) and I can't get enough volume from the speakers. Does the ipod not put out enough power??

Thanks for any tips. Eric

·
Senior Guru
3,589 Posts
imported post

Have you used headsets before? IMHO none of them are really great for music. Seems like you have them as practically close to your ears as possible as well.

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
imported post

I would try them close, maybe 3/8" and make sure they line up with your ears [there should be a decrease in volume when the helmet is moved]. None of the headsets I've tried are great for base [sic] due to their construction. You might also check to see what the bass and treble settings are on the wing and the music source.

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
imported post

I have had several headsets. I am never happy with the sound unless the speakers are lined up and as close as possible. Currently I have the J&M elite series headset and the speakers are actually touching my ears but not enough to be uncomfortable. I get plenty of volume but the base is never going to equal the bikes speakers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.