Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a JMDM-IPBT-GL18 installed on my 2007 wing. All of a sudden, the unit no longer plays music from the CF card. The CF card stores and plays mp3 files. I changed the card, reformatted and still nothing. All other functions appear to work fine. Only difference is playing music via plugged in iPod connection, dramatically lower quality versus Bluetooth. What can I do to restore CF card to work? And is Bluetooth quality supposed to be so much better than hard line connection?

·
Premium Member
2,790 Posts
J&M

easy enough to contact J&M customer service dept for info and/or tech advice

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
I don't think there are a lot of members with the J&M Bluetooth headsets here. The cost of the dongle, harness and headset of just the rider of $1000 add passenger for another $300 limits many riders of going with the system. I just talked with sales yesterday on it and read their site info, didn't see anything mentioned of a CF card. CF card is what?

Is this a new unit you have just installed? Or how long have you had it?
They have good customer service so call them.
Post a reply here once you have the problem fixed so others later will know how to fix it and are using the forum search tool.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not sure how you come come up $1000, but I see that was a different unit. See link to manual and wing stuff but the system cost roughly $250, then you will need standard lower cords as with any headset system to plug in. I caught mine on sale from wingstuff for $180. So depending on headsets a max $200 for each rider will put total at $600. And I still have use of my aux input, the JM has another aux input, I don't have to have an iPod with me for short rides, the "compact flash" or "cf" card stores music and plays from it. Then, the Bluetooth feature to play music, and talk on phone I think is a great all around system. But if you have info on something better, or comparable, by all means share it with me, please.

I did look at a GL-2way system which had cb radio. Had I not had the JM already, I may have gotten this instead. But now, I am trying to justify another $600 for cb radio that would get used very sparingly since I tend to ride alone.

http://www.customdynamics.com/pdf/JMDM-IPBT-GL18---InstManual04-2011.pdf

http://wingstuff.com/products/32912-gl1800-bluetooth-cell-gps-mp3-music-player-ipod

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
Sorry
I didn't look up the product number that you posted in the first post(no explanation of what it was), and assumed by the title "J&M Bluetooth" you were talking of the headset system they sell to go bluetooth instead of corded headsets. That is what will cost you $1000-$1300 according to J&M sales man.

If you had put that it was a J&M MP3 Bluetooth player problem in the title, there would not have been the snafoyu presented, and would help you get the answer you needed.

Maybe go back and edit while you can to include that info in the post to help others later, and not get the same type response again by someone else.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry
I didn't look up the product number that you posted in the first post(no explanation of what it was), and assumed by the title "J&M Bluetooth" you were talking of the headset system they sell to go bluetooth instead of corded headsets. That is what will cost you $1000-$1300 according to J&M sales man.

If you had put that it was a J&M MP3 Bluetooth player problem in the title, there would not have been the snafoyu presented, and would help you get the answer you needed.

Maybe go back and edit while you can to include that info in the post to help others later, and not get the same type response again by someone else.
I added the mp3 to the description lines to clarify. Thanks.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
All is good now. I did not have an mp3 file in root folder. Device must hbe at least 1 in root folder in order to recognize and function properly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.