Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 GL1800 and it came with the CB from the factory. I also have the headset pigtail and connector installed on the left side of the fairing. Years ago I got the J&M hand mike kit for the bike but never installed it. I had hoped the mike would simply plug into the corded headset pigtail but it looks like there is a pin count difference.
The J&M kit comes with a new pigtail with a separate connector (white plug) that needs to be connected somewhere.
Has anyone installed this and how difficult was it? Do I need to remove more than the pocket to access the required plugs? Any help would be appreciated. It's not like I desperately need it but since I have it I thought it might be nice to give it a shot.

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
Be nice to know where you are located, there maybe somebody in the area to give you a helping hand.

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Chicago . I'm sure I can handle it if I dont have to go beyond the glove box

·
Premium Member
7,769 Posts

I don't know anything about hooking it up but it looks like you might be missing a couple of pig tails for installation. this is a picture of what comes in the kit from J&M

·
Administrator
26,526 Posts
View attachment 322652
I don't know anything about hooking it up but it looks like you might be missing a couple of pig tails for installation. M
That's what I was thinking. The only place I can see that 2 pin connector going is to the passenger PTT connector under the seat.

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
BAWing, you right he is missing at least one cord that has 2 wires that goes to a place under the seat for key function on the microphone.. That setup would work on the 1500 or 1800. One cord for the 1500 and the other for the 1800.

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have all the needed cabling I just didnt
t photograph them all do to space

1 - 10 of 10 Posts