1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

:waving:

Hi Folks,

I have found that J&M are doing a handlebar mounted cb unit which connects directly to the audio system of the GL1500. Its fairly pricey at $535.

Has anyone got one fitted ? and if so, does it work okay.

My wing is an 88 which did not come with the CB as standard.

Up to now I have being blowin the bejaysus out of everyone with a standard car CB.

Any advice welcome.

Safe winging.

George

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
imported post

I've seen only one fitted and the owner was delighted with it. I've heard lots of great reports about the CB performance from it, seems to be the right solution, if abit pricey. The Honda OEM CB is probably not much different in price, if you can still get one.

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

Hi George :waving:,,if you were awake the day of the parades here in the south east ,you would have seen one fitted to Micks blue 1988 1500 ,,,By the time it landed in Ireland it cost him the guts of 700 euro ,,but having said that it works super ,very clear and looks very well on the handlebar ,,If you are coming on the run to Bandon on the 17th you will see it then ,,,now go back asleep for another 3 weeks ,:),cheers Ciaran

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
imported post

Hi George - I purchased and fitted one of the J & M units to my 1500 and it was (sold it with the bike) a brilliant bit of kit. I did try to get one of the Honda versions but it seems they are not available anymore. As Wexman says it looks the part and works as well. Not difficult to fit either
Dont forget to get the cb aerial for it as well - sourced mine from ebay.

Rgds

Phil

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
imported post

Hi George, :waving:

I have a 83 Gl Standard and purchased the Chatterbox CB hook up. It comes with a handlebar mount, a connection to the battery and a push to talk switch. It also includes headphones and microphones. Along with all this it comes with a seperate battery and charger so that you can dismount it from the bike and carry it with you. Later on I bought the moto comm head set which has a seperate plug for a portable mp3 unit or cd player. I went ahead and mounted a stereo to the bike and installed a headphone jack. Using the fader control, I run the music through the helmet along with the CB. The moto comm has a mute switch for the music. If I want to not have any cord to the helmet, I just run the music through the speakers.

I think the Chatterbox unit is only 199.00 complete. The cb is a portable motorola unit.

Hope this helps

Jerry

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
imported post

Hi Jerry,:waving:

Many thanks for the advice.

I got the J&M unit from ChrisChrome and fitted it to the handlebar. It hooks up directly to the Hondaline Radio, and has loads of gizmos attached.

The biggest disadvantage is that I now have to listen to Wexman ranting and raving. Does anyone know of a CB with a WEXMANMUTING button:D:D:D

Brown Bear

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
imported post

Hi Phil :waving:

Many thanks for the info.

If anyone is interested, Bikers Best have a few of the original honda CBs in stock with a whopping price tag of 800 euro.

Wexman will be delighted when I start using my new J&M CB, especially when I start singing Johnny Cash's Orange Blossom Special :clapper::clapper::clapper:

Brown Bear

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

I dont mind ya singing Johnny Cash ,,its when ya start singing the teddy bears picnic that I will have to get the gun out ..:gunhead::gunhead:.cheers Ciaan

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.