Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Has anyone had any experience with the J&M handlebar mounted CB setup? Any comments/complaints, etc? How was the reception on the road?

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
imported post

I bought one to integrate with my 1500. It works perfectly and even has NOAA which is real handy. For my bike, it is a plug and play unit. I found that the volume knob did make contact with the windshield as my shield is from Show Chrome. I had to notch a section so that the knob would not make contact. When I did break the knob, J&M replaced it free of charge. I bought mine from Sierra.

·
Premium Member
2,525 Posts
imported post

I also had the same one on my GL1500. I got it from Sierra. It was a great unit for the short time I had to use it. Reception was very good, but I never had a chance to check on the distance. I would assume the generic handlebar mount unit would be of the same quality, except your headset would plug directly into the CB unit instead of integrating into your present system. Actually, I still have the CB, just no bike to put it on at present.

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
imported post

A friend of mine has a Honda Shadow 1100 and has tried the somewhat jury-rigged mounting of a handheld Midland CB with a power connection and a 4 ft. antenna. Doesn't work very well; he can hear me clearly from my Wing but all I get is gibberish from his setup. Thus the interest in the J&M setup and whether it is worth the major financial investment.

Thanks for the feedback.

·
Premium Member
690 Posts
imported post

I don't have one but several riding friends have them. They are all vary happy with the units, and they are relitively easy to swap to another bike when one sells his - her ride.
Highly recommended.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.