Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Last summer before my trip I bought a J&M HS-8154-OF headset. During my trip the right speaker blew.I sent it off to J&M and they replaced the speaker.Today the left speaker went out. I get some static and the speaker does work at times but it doesn't stay on for long. If I talk into the intercom when the speaker is off, the speaker willcome backon for a short time.
Is there any way to test the headset or the cord so I make sure the trouble is notwith the audio system?

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,153 Posts
imported post

Maybe you could have some one else try their helmet and see if they experience the same thing you do?

·
Premium Member
4,608 Posts
imported post

Hi! I had the same prob with my old cord.There was one pin barely holding on from the rubber, and the pin finally fell off into my hand. I replaced it and it stopped acting wierd. Pricey little devil though.I got a one piece cause it was 30 dollars cheaper than a two piece. I shoulda bit the bullet though, cause Barb would have liked to be able to unplug without undoing the whole cord. Hope this helps, jimsjinx

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
imported post

:waving:If your cord is also from J&M they will replace it if it is still within the warranty period which is 2 years from date of sale to original purchaser.

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

I would think the problem is in the connection where the cord join on to the helmet socket ,I have had lots of J&m sets do this ,Sit on the bike ,play the radio via the headset and then move the small cable at the helmet around a bit and you will hear if the speaker iscoming on and off ,,if it is then you can do the repair to the small joints of the cable and that should cure it ,Ciaran

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

The headset speakers or earpieces are inter-changeable. You can simply plug the right one that works into the left one and decide if it is the speaker or not. If the right speaker works then it is the speaker, if not it is the wiring at some point, most likely at the helmet.

Kit

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.