Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Ok, bought 2 headsets from another forum member, a NIB Hondaline and a used J&M. The J&M isn't the model indicated by the part number on the box. It's actaully an older model by at least 10 years according to my phone call to J&M yesterday and they no longer make upper cords for this model. It's has no model number anywhere on it at all and thus makes it more diffullcut to find the right upper cord for it.

So, anyone that has ever had any type of older J&M headsets please check your box, shelves, and junk drawers in the possiblity that you may have the upper and lower cord for this headset.

I'll offer up to 25 bucks for the right upper and lower cord set.

Here's the headset in question.

Here's the plug on the end of it.

And here's the end of the upper cord I have that doesn't match the pic above,

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
imported post

36 views and not one hint of one somewhere? Come on guys, you can do better than this.

·
Premium Member
1,365 Posts
imported post

Don't know if this will help but I lightened your plug pictures so others can see them better. Hope you don't mind. Maybe someone will have one of the older upper cords.

The upper cord you show is a J&M, "JA" upper cord.My son and I have four of these on headsets bought in 2007.It actually is one of the newer five pin upper cords.

We also have old headsets with J&M, "A" upper cords that are different from your headset plug. We bought them in the early 1990s.You must really havean old, old, headset, thinking way more than 10 years old.

Thereason for us buying new headsets kits in 2007 was that the insulation on the upper and lower cords was just falling off in pieces. About the same price to buy new headset kits than the new upper and lower cords. I have repaired a couple of the old cords for use with an extra helment/old headsetwe carry in the sidecar.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Naw, I don't mind. The first one looks fine but the 2nd one is slightly out of focus.

Yes, it's a JA with a JB lower cord to it and fits newer models plus I think it may also fit some of the Hondaline sets also.

Actually the guy at J&M indicated that headset is actually about 15 years old. I didn't think they made them that far back. I may end up having to throw it in a junk box and buy a newer model. Until i do then the wife just won't be able to talk to me over the intercom and hear the radio through the headset.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Still looking!!!!

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
imported post

i have an older j&m headset that needs a new cord it is 5pin but dont actually look like the ones in the pics you guys have posted ... dunno the age but gussiing kinda old .. anyone that can help out here

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
imported post

i have an older j&m headset that needs a new cord it is 5pin but dont actually look like the ones in the pics you guys have posted ... dunno the age but gussiing kinda old .. anyone that can help out here

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Does it stll have the J&M sticker on one of the speaker cords and if so what is the part/model number on it? Try posting a pic of it also like I did of the plug on the end of the mic hookup in order to ascertain the pin layout.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

I've been talking to a sales rep at Sierra Electronics and sent her the pic of the headset end socket. This is her reply.

Good thing you sent me a picture. This is not an old J&M headset, this is an old Cycle Comm headset which is out of business and has not been available for several years.

So, now that I know what it is, anybody out there got any old Cycle Comm cables for the Goldwing systems?

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
imported post

[align=left]AIr Rider info, they bought cycle comm out. They may have a cable laying around:baffled::baffled:

If you need additional information , please email [email protected] or phone us at 800-251-6040[/align]

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

nightwizard40 wrote: [align=left]
AIr Rider info, they bought cycle comm out. They may have a cable laying around:baffled::baffled:

If you need additional information , please email [email protected] or phone us at 800-251-6040
[/align]Yea, found that out already. In fact Air Rider bought a lot of Cycle Comm's assests but didn't get the headset and cable assests. Seems J&M had sued Cycle Comm over the headsets and cables, hence the sell off and out of business.

My only hope now is someone has a set of old cycle comm cables still lying around they don't need, otherwise it's time to just buy the el cheapo J&M set that' sells for $59.95. I've already invested too much in this headset to throw anymore money at it.

It's a shame though, as this headset looks almost new.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.