Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

J&M Headset

1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Wayne 
#1 ·
imported post

Model HC 8134. Left speaker quit working. Does the cords go bad more often or the speaker? 5 pins look intact. cord from bike is fine tried my second helmet and both channels work fine. Probably just need to replace the full set but wondered if it might just be the cord.

Thanks
Tom

#2 ·
imported post

Yup, I had to buy two cords. 1 for me and 1 for the wife. Didnt last a year. Cyclemax has replacements for cheap...

#3 ·
imported post

J&M cords are poor quality "in my opinion". They won't hold up to much stretching and flexing.

#4 ·
imported post

Have you checked that it is the headsets? my wife complained that her J@M left ear piece had stopped. I like a fool paid out for new. when it turned up same problem, checked her system on the front and all was good as was the old unit. checked my system on back and no left J&M head speaker. Removed seat cleaned connector into loom several times and hey pesto all good again, could have saved a small fortune if i had checked. hope this is of help. Regards Derek

#5 ·
imported post

J&M had a run of bad cords from the helmet cord to the lower cord. They replaced them no problem. I had 3 of the older problem cords, now the new ones have been fine. I recomend swaping cords with a working unit and if you don't have a solution, give J&M a call. They have always been great to me. Replacement with no charge... even shipping.

Corventure Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.