Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have an HJC Multitech helmet. I'm trying to reduce wind noise and improve the sound of the headset. Thought about going to a Shoei Multitech. Does anyone know if the improvement will be worth the money? I also heard the regular J&M speakers won't fit in the Shoei helmets well because there is less clearance. J&M said this saddened them which is why they designed the "Thin Line" speakers. I'm not sure if the thin line speakers will help either.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

tnx

derek

·
Premium Member
690 Posts
imported post

I have several kinds / brandsof helmets including Shoeiand I can say that the full-face and flip-face like your Multitech are the noisiest helmets for wind noise. By far the open-face or 3/4 helmets are the quietist. If you have a chance to try a open-face helmet,without any added face shield, just to hear the difference .... I will bet you will also find this to be true. This goes beyond logic in my opinion, but is truly the case.
For the least wind noise I can wear my 3/4 helmets, but I prefer the added protection of the full face for most of my riding.:action:
With all the discussion of wind buffeting and taller windshields or air deflectors... I can't help but think that some may just have a helmet issue!!!:baffled:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.