Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I am going to buy 2 nolan N102 helmets, and I want to put headsets in them. I've seen mixed reviews on the nolan NCOM system, as well as the J&M. Is there something better? If not, which of these will service my wife and I better? I am looking for basic stereo listening, as well as intercom use.

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
imported post

Great question, one I was just searching the forum for this subject. We are looking at the ChatterBox for our open face helmets to use with our built in intercom system on our 1800.

·
Premium Member
479 Posts
imported post

Based on what I read hear about the Ncom system I put the J & M head set into my new Nolan N102 yesterday and it was very easy and the ear phones fit great- there was a little piece of black foam that pulled right out, it's held in with just a smal dot of velcro, and the eaphones even velced to that piece velcro, and I removed just a bit of foam from the chin bar so the mike sits there flush- it looks like the helmet was made for the J&M.

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

I appreciate the help. I did not know about the chatterbox music quality. I know the NCOM was made for the Nolan, and I did not know if the J&M would fit properly without modification. Any ideas where the best prices are? Is there more than one model? Are there any NCOM fans out there?

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

I have a new Nolan 103 ordered . I have went with the EDSETS this time around.

The reasons are , according to anything I can find, they have the best sound, no one disputes it.

They are $50 bucks cheaper than the top of the line J and M 584

The little pigtail off the helmet clamp, you know the one that breaks inside is a pain to change out on the J and M.
On the Edsets the little pigtail just unplugs and plugs back in.

So this time I have went with them, and have ordered a spare pigtail and lower cord to have on the bike at all times also.

Kit

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

I've not heard of EDSETS before. Any idea where I can get some info on these? Are they exclusive to Nolan?

·
Premium Member
690 Posts
imported post

Ay Kit...
The J&M sets now have the same plug-in pigtail on the helmet clamp. A definite improvement!!!!!

·
Registered
10,509 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

corventure wrote:
Ay Kit...
The J&M sets now have the same plug-in pigtail on the helmet clamp. A definite improvement!!!!!
Did not know that, they sneaked that one in on me. :) Thanks Kit

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.