Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I bought a new jacket for riding a few weeks ago, and thought I'd share. It's a Tourmaster Transition 2, I got the hi-vis yellow. I absolutely love it!

http://www.amazon.com/Tourmaster-Transition-Motorcycle-Visibility-8773-0213-04/dp/B001BGGOXY Of course, I didn't get the small size, as pictured....:shock:

It has plenty of pockets, all zippered and velcroed. The multiple vents work well. The whole jacket is top quality, very warm (it comes with a great quilted zip-out liner).

I got mine from Chapparal Motorsports, very quick shipping.

Now I just have to be careful when I eat.

Bob

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
imported post

Linky no good.

Attachments

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

I think this is the link he intended -Tourmaster Transition Series 2 High Viz

Nice looking jacket,:cooler:

Looks nicely detailed and has lots of nice features as well. The high Viz is great. My rain gear has the High Viz green on the jacket and although it certainly is HIGH VIZ I'm finding it gets dirty real fast Might just be the material of the Frogg Toggs :stumped: ... course I've always been a 'Grease Magnet' :cooldevil:

.... but..... I'll bet it's too warm once the temps climb much above 75*

I have something similar and find it too warm above 75*, especially when it's humid. Too much protection from the full fairing, hampers the venting of these jackets. They do work well for the shoulder/off seasons and will keep you dry in a good downpour.

A full mesh jacket/pant,with wind/rain liner(s) and a heated jacket liner is your most versatile 3+ season riding outfit, for the money. :readit:

The mesh combination will keep you fairly comfortable/cool up to 110* as long as you are moving and you add the wind/rain/heated jacket layers as conditions warrant, to keep you comfortable down into the sub freezing temps.

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
imported post

I have this jacket in Hi-viz. I've worn it in 100+ temps. Hot but not unbearable. I have a tall windscreen with a vent and wind wings. I was some what cooler wearing it then I was with out because it kept the sun off of me. Good Choice! I have not ridden in the rain but I have ridden in cooler weather and now its time to put the liner back in!
Glad for the cooler weather!:action:

Attachments

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Should be a good jacket, I have a Tourmaster Saber jacket which is also a 3/4 jacket much like that one though a bit less expensive. It's been great for the four or five years I've had it, waterproof and pretty warm with the liner in it. Ruggedly made too, no tears or zipper trouble in over 60,000 miles or so ona Goldwing in some pretty nasty weather.

·
Premium Member
5,106 Posts
imported post

i wish tourmaster made jackets larger i think they only go to 3xl i wish they made them larger i would love to own one but alas they dont

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

I doubt if Bob has had the need to clean it yet, but I have washed my textile outfits a couple of times.

On the real dirty/grimier sections, I'll pour a little bit of laundry detergent on the offending spot/areas, add a tiny bit of water and agitate that area with a small scrub brush/fingernail brush, before placing the garments in the washing machine (on the delicate setting) after I have removed all the armour, zipped up all the zippers and fastened all the Velcro swatches. They clean up/come out well.

I'll then place the garments in the dryer for 20 minutes on low heat and then remove immediately and hang.

I've done this a couple of times to both of my textile and meshriding outfits

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
imported post

I have a Joe Rocket "High Viz" Yellow jacket and as Dusty say's - Yellow does show the dirt pretty quick, I guess I too busy riding to take the time to wash it, it has been washed 3 or 4 times & comes out like new ( thanks to my loving wife:claps:).
As for the warm temps, the sleeves come off mine to leave mesh from above the shoulders down and opening the front & rear vents make it quite comfortable. :waving:

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
imported post

My wife and have the Tourmaster jackets and we really like them! They certainly are high quality products! :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
imported post

I have mesh jacket and pants with zipout waterproof liners that work well all year. In the winter I switch to a leather jacket, Gerbings heated jacket liner, gloves and socks and the riding pants with the quilted liner. My Fieldsheer Rain jacket is Hi Viz yellow and works well even in torrential rains. All this gear travels with me even on short rides; just in case. I also keep everything with me to display in our MSF classes including three helmets.

Dubs

·
Premium Member
370 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,445 Posts
imported post

I too have Hi-Vis outerwear. I explain it to my "Black Leather Only" neighbor that I don't want the jury to think twice about awarding that fat settlement check!!
;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.