Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I want to lift the bike a few inches off the ground to be able to do a little maintenance such as cleaning the tires and adding sealant. I have a hydraulic lift with two arms. Does anyone know where the point is on the bike wher the frontto back weight ratio is 50/50? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
imported post

Check it yourself, it depends on how much junk in your trunk and saddle bags, how much fuel you have. Center of gravity, changes. How much lbs. of air in tires [lol]

·
Premium Member
2,097 Posts
imported post

Presitla99 wrote:
I want to lift the bike a few inches off the ground to be able to do a little maintenance such as cleaning the tires and adding sealant. I have a hydraulic lift with two arms. Does anyone know where the point is on the bike wher the frontto back weight ratio is 50/50? Thanks.
try where the center stand is mounted first.

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

This is for the 1500 but the same applies:

Click on the URL in my sig and then click on the Jacking link for pix.

·
Premium Member
2,491 Posts
imported post

Presitla99 wrote:
Presitla99, I think it will be more a question of WHERE you are going to be able to lift it ratherthan the exact center of balance.. If you get those arms placed correctly & far enough apart you won't have to worry about the center of balance.. I think you will find it to bequite stable if you get those arms far enough apart..

Twisty

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
imported post

Twisty My lift is the same as Rudy's, The arms are not adjustable so we cant place them as far apart as possible.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Try starting out with the right arm just under the front of the engine, start the lift and watch to see if the bike comes up evenly. If one end or the other rises first, lower the bike, move the jack an inch or so toward the low end and try again. When you hit the right spot both wheels will come up the same height. That's the way I've done it many, many times with 1100s, 1200s, and three 1500s. The balance point varies with the junk in the trunk as has been mentioned along with accessories added and the amount of fuel in the tank so it's a trial and error deal each time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.