Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning to all
Has anyone modified this fadio to receive higher frequency. I read about a band expander, but its not available in SA

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
There are posts on those. Use the forum search tool, then if there are specific questions on it post a reply here.

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
I don't remember for sure, maybe frequency expander, or just expander, Japanese radio band expander?
I'm doing this on my phone and won't be at my computer for a couple hrs atleast. My phone doesn't work the search tool. Dumb smart phone! Time to upgrade it! Then it's a whole new learning curve ball.

·
Premium Member
593 Posts
I had a 14 mhz expander in my GL1500 when purchased & noticed a few stations I couldnt receive. Replaced it with an 18mhz with better results. I gather this can vary depending on the frequency spreads in your patch - fortunately they're cheap. Power line on both introduced noise into my AM band though & I had to resolve that with a $14 noise filter on the line to the expander. Now works flawlessly.
Still shows the Jap display - just have to mentally add 18 to the numbers to get the frequency you're after.
The Kiwis seem to be pretty good at producing the expanders. This page gives a handy reference.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.