Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2013 = Typed the wrong date :-(

Had planned to make the trip with one of my brothers but his job got in the way. I was already so excited about the trip that I decided to just go solo = against everybody's gloomy & doomy advice. Which did make me nervous. Mainly because everybody said my "Antique" bike couldn't make the trip. My only real response to that was: "I'll just have it towed to a Honda dealer and get a new F6B." :raspberry:

My 1979 Goldwing GL1000 actually made the trip quite enjoyable. It took six full days of 10 plus hours of riding but I honestly look forward to doing it all again. I took a Western route down and an Eastern route back and got to see some "real" American country and people. I road almost half the trip in the rain but the bike didn't even hiccup. Nobody really wants to ride in the rain but when you have to ride in it = you will immediately noticed that you only see Hondas and BMWs out there.

My bike actually ran even better on the way home! That $20K F6B monkey has blown right off my back.

My advice to anybody that is nervous about a real long trip is: Get on your bikes and ride.

Motorcycling Motor vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Motorcycle accessories

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
Shame no one responded to your post .. I just saw it and thought it was a similiar one to my brothers cancelling on me at the last minute..It doesnt hurt once in awhile to go solo and enjoy the adventure on your own.. Good story.. keep posting and maybe one day you'll get that new F6B you know you want.

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Shame no one responded to your post .. I just saw it and thought it was a similiar one to my brothers cancelling on me at the last minute..It doesnt hurt once in awhile to go solo and enjoy the adventure on your own.. Good story.. keep posting and maybe one day you'll get that new F6B you know you want.
I do want that F6B :bow:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.