Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Well, I got up bright and early today (Sunday), and was gonna tackle putting on a new Metzler 880 front tire. :action:Off to Napa, O'rileys, etc. to buy a set of tire irons. But wait! Shouldn't I call first, just to make sure they got em? Yes, I should. I did. "Do you carry any tire irons? You know, the tool you use to remove a tire from a rim? Answer: " Oh hell yeah! We got 4 or 5 differn't kines!" To my delight, I threw on my helmet, and was fixin' to put the last 40 miles on this old E-3 tire. Man it was steamin' hot out on the road! Pull in, pull off the helmet to cool off as I walked in the store. "Hi!" I said, with my usual enthusiasm. "Where's your tire irons?" The dude behind the counter points down this aisle, and all I see are LUG WRENCHES! Beautiful chrome 4-way LUG WRENCHES!!! "Uhh I'm the guy who called 40 miles ago, and you said you had tire irons, y' know tire spoons? To remove a tire?" " Naw, that's what we has." We ain't have no spoons." I hung my head, clamped my mouth shut, and left. A stop at Napa, O'Rileys(closed Sundays), Autozone,(I hate those places), and no tire irons. Bummer. Oh well, I'm still on this side of the dirt, I am riding a trike. Things are not that bad. So home I go. Get home, and decide to make some kind of progress in my little project. I get online to E-Friggin Bay. No I don't want a Pay-Pal card. I want to buy these cool tire balancing beads! Enthusiasm is returning! Found a set specially made for trikes! Perfect! Buy it now! Done! "Enter your method of payment." I do. Go through more questions than joining the Air Force. " sorry, we don't recognize your method of payment." Go to my wifes E-Bay acct. page, and now, I owe HER the money. Crap. I had hoped to get this one by her. Not that she cares mind you, but this little DIY tire deal is startin' to sting a little, and I didn't want to hear it. Not today anyway. So, I ended up napping the afternoon away, and watching my favorite driver Tony Stewart lose again. Hope Monday is a tad more cooperative.:? jimsjinx

·
Premium Member
5,382 Posts
imported post

jimsjinx wrote:
Well, I got up bright and early today (Sunday), and was gonna tackle putting on a new Metzler 880 front tire. :action:Off to Napa, O'rileys, etc. to buy a set of tire irons. But wait! Shouldn't I call first, just to make sure they got em? Yes, I should. I did. "Do you carry any tire irons? You know, the tool you use to remove a tire from a rim? Answer: " Oh hell yeah! We got 4 or 5 differn't kines!" To my delight, I threw on my helmet, and was fixin' to put the last 40 miles on this old E-3 tire. Man it was steamin' hot out on the road! Pull in, pull off the helmet to cool off as I walked in the store. "Hi!" I said, with my usual enthusiasm. "Where's your tire irons?" The dude behind the counter points down this aisle, and all I see are LUG WRENCHES! Beautiful chrome 4-way LUG WRENCHES!!! "Uhh I'm the guy who called 40 miles ago, and you said you had tire irons, y' know tire spoons? To remove a tire?" " Naw, that's what we has." We ain't have no spoons." I hung my head, clamped my mouth shut, and left. A stop at Napa, O'Rileys(closed Sundays), Autozone,(I hate those places), and no tire irons. Bummer. Oh well, I'm still on this side of the dirt, I am riding a trike. Things are not that bad. So home I go. Get home, and decide to make some kind of progress in my little project. I get online to E-Friggin Bay. No I don't want a Pay-Pal card. I want to buy these cool tire balancing beads! Enthusiasm is returning! Found a set specially made for trikes! Perfect! Buy it now! Done! "Enter your method of payment." I do. Go through more questions than joining the Air Force. " sorry, we don't recognize your method of payment." Go to my wifes E-Bay acct. page, and now, I owe HER the money. Crap. I had hoped to get this one by her. Not that she cares mind you, but this little DIY tire deal is startin' to sting a little, and I didn't want to hear it. Not today anyway. So, I ended up napping the afternoon away, and watching my favorite driver Tony Stewart lose again. Hope Monday is a tad more cooperative.:? jimsjinx
Well, I got up bright and early today (Sunday), and was gonna....

You see JJ that won't likely happen to me because I never get up bright and early. Sometimes bright and sometimes early but never both together. :D

·
Premium Member
5,106 Posts
imported post

it'll get better i swear maybe take the tire to the dealer and let them do the hard work while you drink a cold beverage and watch huh?????? see its lookin better already

·
Premium Member
1,381 Posts
imported post

nobbie wrote:
jimsjinx wrote:
Well, I got up bright and early today (Sunday), and was gonna....

You see JJ that won't likely happen to me because I never get up bright and early. Sometimes bright and sometimes early but never both together. :D
I may rise but I REFUSE to shine!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

Ain't no Harbor Freight over your way Jim?

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Back in the ol' days, I well remember using the handles of knives, forks & spoons, to get my tyres off. Pity that they don't make 'em strong enough these days.:( :leprechaun:

·
Premium Member
3,303 Posts
imported post

Harbor Freight, cheap and plenty of em!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.