Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I am in need of a jet kit for my 82 1100 does anyone know where I could buy this at?

·
Premium Member
1,398 Posts
imported post

It's not the jets you need, but the Randakk rebuild kit. Mine was jammed with junk from the tank after sitting ~6 years. He includes every single tiny part you can imagine, well worth it.

Save yourself some grief, make sure you get the floats at the proper level before putting the carbs back on the bike.

·
Registered
105 Posts
imported post

GSMacLean wrote:
I'd try Randakk's site. He seems to be the carb genius around here.
Not to mention a legend in his own mind!:D

·
Administrator
26,187 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts
imported post

Randakk's kit doesn't include the jets as most are always cleanable his has all the gaskets and o rings..and a few other things and the best quality . The other kits you can buy can come in many forms..some have all the jets some doesn't, some have most of the gaskets/o rings and the jets, few have the filter basket.included..so it's best to take the carbs apart and see what you need although almost always you need new o rings and if you split the plenum the o rings in there too! The prices range from $45 for 4 kits to $45 for one kit.

got here to read about kits and everything else GL related..it Randakk's site and it's excellent.

http://www.randakks.com/TechTip16.htm

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Thanks for all the advice, mine is a unique situation, when I bought my 82 1100 the person who owned it prior to me had rigged the exhaust! instead of mounting the turn downs as the should they cut the pipes and welded the turn downs on thus causing the carbs to not perform properly. So that is why I am looking for a Jet kit. I figure if I can find the kit it would be cheaper than buying new exhaust.

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
imported post

Sirus sells jet kits. Do a search on ebay? If they will work for your application go to their stores web site as it will be slightly cheaper.

I've ordered stuff from them in the past and they are very good to deal with.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.