Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 1800 Goldwing. I purchased used in 2017.It now has 70k miles and It rides like a dream. Last year I began to experience a low rear brake. I had to pump it 3 times to get it to hold.I Bled and that seemed to solve my issue for approx. 1000 miles and it returned. I took to the dealer and they replaced pads rotors and re bled. It did not need rotors but that is another story. 3 months later or approx. 2000 miles the low brake returned. I replaced the rear master cylinder bled and the brake stayed high and tight for approx. 1000 miles. Back to square 1 again. I recently rebled again making sure to do the dive on the front fork etc...The pedal came up and it was tight for 1 week. This past weekend we had mild temps and i wanted to pull her out and of course low pedal returned. When this occurs, I pump the brake 3 times and it comes right up until you come to the next stop...This has now frustrated me to no end and I'm looking for a solution. Please rescue coach Joe in Montclair NJ.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Get the low pedal and coast to a stop. Maybe you see what is moving when you pump it. Sounds like some piston is getting pushed back.

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
Have you tried bleeding per the manual as the brake is linked to the front. Just not the back brake.

Attachments

·
Administrator
27,158 Posts
There is a recall to replace the rear and the auxiliary master cylinders. Has that been done?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts