Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any feedback on this jacket? The wife seen them in my Wing World magazine and now she is thinking she wants one.

·
Premium Member
4,608 Posts
I bought Joe Rocket products for years. Now they use plastic zippers on some of the stuff, and they break. I was lucky, and got a free replacement liner, which was better quality than the original one. And METAL zippers. Just a heads up. I was lucky because I know someone at the dealer where I bought them. My wifes coat hangs up all the time, but hasn't broken yet. jimsjinx

·
Premium Member
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is a good point, I hadn't even thought about the quality of the zipper. I will say, that I have some hunting gear that has plastic zippers that work as good as any metal ones.

·
Premium Member
4,608 Posts
The gal at the dealer told me that it was common for them to fail, but Joe Rocket was changing to different zippers, of which, are on the replacement liner. Metal with a plasitc coating. Much nicer. That was a couple years ago, so the problem may have been corrected. jimsjinx

·
Premium Member
1,799 Posts
A lot of guys in our club wear them and like them... I've been thinking of one for myself as well... No known zipper problems with our guys that I know of... :)

·
Premium Member
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The jacket came today and the wife is very pleased with it. Only time on the bike will tell if it performs as advertised.

·
Premium Member
4,608 Posts
Good deal!!! I have always liked the craftsmanship of the Joe Rocket line. I was bummed when that zipper died, but hey, they made it more than right with me. It's a good jacket. The wifes still works. I figured out that the fabric/zipper seam was creased at the factory, and a warm clothes iron took it out. Now the zipper doesn't hang up on the liner anymore! I like the armour in mine, by the way. It is lightwieght, and removable. Merry Christmas, jimsjinx

·
Premium Member
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The wife really likes the jacket and all it offers except for the armor in the back. Luckily, as stated before, it is removable. I don't know why she doesn't like it. The elbow pads and shoulder pads are fine but she said the armor in the back had to come out.

·
Premium Member
4,608 Posts
Too bad about her not diggin' the armour. I had seen proof of them saving kidneys and ribs when I was a fireman. Maybe she could get used to it? I know I can't tell my wife anything, unless she thought of it first!!!LOL jimsjinx

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.