Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Yesterday we rode 700km, beautiful day, and today we got in 340km, a little cooler but still nice.

As I pulled in to the driveway I thought I should wash the bike, as it may be the last chance, so I drove straight on to the pad beside the garage where I do this.

All was fine until I tried to back out, normally I back in and drive out, but today I did it different. Well, as I tried to climb the 1 1/2" step on to the driveway, the angle was wrong and down I went.

No problem, butt on the seat and up it goes, except that it wouldn't go quite all the way because the tire was jammed on the step, then my back went in to spasm and I had to drop it again.

Thank heavens for forum members, I called miles.from.nowhere and he came around
and got it up and then put it in the garage for me.

I don't think I'll be riding again this year.

Thanks a bunch Miles, glad you didn't bring the camera:cheeky1:

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
imported post

Too bad Bob, hope the snow helps the back, much worse to happen when you get it out in the spring. No snow over here now, + 16 & 17 for the next 3 days.. :action::action::waving:

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
imported post

Man E.B., that's sad to hear. At least you weren't seriously hurt, and it sounds like little to no damage to the bike.

Take care of your back my friend...I'm guessing tomorrow morning you'll be wishing for a broken bone or 2 to take your mind off of it.

·
Premium Member
6,097 Posts
imported post

I'm sorry to hear that you joined our club. Throwing your back out can be a PITA too.

I hope you heal up quicky and don't end up with something that haunts you forever.

Might be something you want to baby for a while if you get snow that needs shoveling.

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
imported post

Glad you and the bike faired ok.........welcome to the club!!:)

We need to have one of our patch guru's make a patch with the butt to seat :cooldevil::cooldevil:

·
Premium Member
1,847 Posts
imported post

Bad look Bob, glad some one wa snear to help you though. Give it a bit of time to heal and if not get some help, nothing worse than a bad back, take care

·
Premium Member
14,148 Posts
imported post

With the back injury thrown in, it doesn't seem right to welcome you to the club. Please take it easy and heal up quick.

·
Premium Member
659 Posts
imported post

Nope, I will not welcome you to the club since it is unenviable and generally seriously painful too. But you have plenty of company.

My experience wasn't from dropping the bike but from a mis-move getting it on the center stand. Last detail before spring weather would make riding nice again was to put the bike on the center stand and pull the rear wheel to have a new tire mounted and balanced. All my weight was on the center stand but just wasn't quite coming over the edge to fully supported, so I gave it a "little" upward jerk with my right arm and felt something pop followed by major pain both in low back and across abdomen.

Chiropractor said I popped my right hip out of joint and strained all the muscles and caused them to go into spasm. It's now a couple years later and it still bothers me sometimes but that could be because I already had low back problems before that.

Take care of yourself and take it easy.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
imported post

Too bad about the fall, E.B. Doctor advises no bike for at least a summer. I'll be by tonight with a trailer to take it home so you won't be tempted to disregard doctor's orders. Bike will be returned fall '09. :)

·
Probationary
4,535 Posts
imported post

I joined the 'club' in 1974? with my HD and renewed my membership a few times. I have some lower back problems, but can't blame them....I have some other excuses, though.

As long as I never join the 'over 2 mph club'....I'll be plenty grateful.

·
Premium Member
2,137 Posts
imported post

Oh I get it
I joined while learning to ride, 1962 face first in the sand maybe twelve times. Took me umteen trys on that Honda 50 clutch. Later re-up with an S250 into the side of a hill while missing a water buffalo and some chicken that were waiting for me around a corner. Paid more dues with my H1 when a drunk driver pulled out in front of me and settled with the Devil when my TR6 blew a rod coming out of Grants Pass. Only laid the GL down once in the park in Chico. I put the side stand out and didn't realize the ground was too soft. I was pinned under the bike for a half hour.

·
Premium Member
3,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

wpgfire wrote:
Too bad about the fall, E.B. Doctor advises no bike for at least a summer. I'll be by tonight with a trailer to take it home so you won't be tempted to disregard doctor's orders. Bike will be returned fall '09. :)
I hope the scratches on the saddlebag are fixed PERFECTLY when I get it back:cheeky1:

Only discovered them this afternoon, the ground was higher at the back so the saddlebag touched down.

Aaaaarrrrrgh!

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
imported post

Scratches on the saddlebag, too? That'll be 2 summers off! Everytime you see the scratches you'll get a little twinge in the back. ;)Does this mean I'll have to return the Gremlin Bell you so graciously gave me?

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
665 Posts
imported post

Sorry to hereabout the back injury ... that takes the air out of thebig smile on my face as I read about another proud member of the club.

Oh what the heck .... :cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1: Sorry I couldn't help it ... :shock:

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

Back, oh ya, two ruptured disks and two herniated, all L1,2,3 and 4. tole me I should not ride anymore. Had several injections and then they said operation timeand I said pound sand. I now ride a trike, no problems. The thought of not having to pick it up made me sooo much better.:action:

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
imported post

:shakehead: :doh: Sorry about that. I haven't joined the "club" yet, but my hubby did........OOOPs. I wasn't supposed to tell.:D

Ok, I will, but look for it in another post.....(I told you so....) :2finger:

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
imported post

One thing about riding a bike. There are those who have dropped their bike, and those that are going to.:baffled: Don't know anyone that has rode for any lenght of time that hasen't at one time or another dropped their bike. Have had some tell me they haven't, but have found out different on all of them.:D

Cobra

:15grey:

·
Premium Member
4,608 Posts
imported post

Does running over your own foot with a trike qualify, as long as it wrecked one's spine for a few days/months,? If so, I'm in! jimsjinx

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.