Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Afternoon! Found this site when I was trying to find some info on my goldwing. Looks like alot of information here and people that are very generous with their assistance. I am happy to be a board! I am still working on my gold wing. I picked it up this winter as a gold wing in a box. Anyway the guy I got it from said he had no spark and the fuel just runs out of the intake manifold in to the exhaust. I got the bike home and proceeded to take care of the gas tank, carbs, brakes all the way around, fixing the wiring harness, painting, polishing, etc. I got it together enough to try getting it started. It did start! Yea! did it beller and smoke and shoot flames out the exhaust headers! The gas was pouring out of the carbs! Now I am trying to fix that. I have adjusted them three times now and it still leaks but less each time.:wtf:? I am going to try again and see what happens. that part is kinda frustrating. Getting pretty good at getting the carbs off tho!. I have confidence it will run and be a great bike. It has only 13,000 miles on it and it looks pretty good now. I know it sat outside for a few years and not touched so I was not suprised when I took the carbs apart and all the floats were stuck. I think I bent them when trying to get them out so maybe that is part of my problem? Anyway I will sign off for now. dont want to be that guy and go on and on. :) thanks for having me!

·
Premium Member
68,164 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,148 Posts
:waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving:

Hello from Virginia,

Welcome Aboard!!!!!

Glad to have you with us!

:waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving:

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts

Welcome:waving:chief771

·
Premium Member
8,921 Posts
Welcome from Oklahoma :waving: Enjoy the wing :cheesygrin:

·
Premium Member
73,716 Posts
Hallo chief771

Welcome on this nice forum. Wish you al the best.
And good luck with your Wing.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.