Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, Just wanted to check in and say hi and thanks for letting me in to the Goldwing facts site. I'm a long time rider but fairly new to Goldwings so I am finding out things most of you already know. Please be patient with me as far as questions you've probably heard many times. Been riding over 40 years, retired LEO, was a motor officer and instructor for my last few years as an officer. Have owned MANY motorcycles and have 4 in my garage right now. With that said I just bought my 2008 Goldwing and I'm learning all of the quirks and little things you need to know. I do have a question if anyone could help me out. Riding the bike the other day and noticing a rattle in the top rear of bike whenever I hit a bump in the road. It looks like it might be the hinges on the trunk. Is this normal?, any fixes for this? Been riding Harleys most of my life so I'm no stranger to rattles and noises but didn't expect that on this bike. Anyway thanks in advance for any help.

·
Premium Member
406 Posts
Welcome aboard and Thanks for your service.

Some of the BEST 1800 guru's are on here, , especially the ones near the midwest. They'll have the answer, ,

·
Administrator
58,755 Posts
my '02 1800 makes a whine when the engine is running.... that is normal, it is timing chain noise.

can't say that I have ever heard noises behind me, but I have Tinnitus that might be covering it up?

:welc: to the finest Goldwing Forum on the Planet....

·
Premium Member
62,783 Posts
Hallo EdSpin761

Welcome on this nice forum. Wish you al the best.
And good luck with your Wing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts