Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

It has been a few weeks since I rode the Valkyrie... so since the weather seems to be holding around here, I fired that hummer up yesterday and ran some chores around town... the crowning point was riding into Seguin (pronounce Suh-geen! One of the heros of the Texas revolution!) to pick up two dozen handmade holiday tamales. About 50 miles there and back... wandered a bit on the way back.

The beast is running great since the weather has turned cold...

Awesome ride... Mexican tamales... Finals next week and then a two week break...

Does it get any better than that?

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
imported post

Man I wanted to ride this weekend but I spent the weekend in the garage installing the belly tank. Maybe I will have it back together for a Christmas ride!

Dubs

·
Premium Member
2,250 Posts
imported post

You guys are not playing fair. all I did to my Valk this weekend was put on the tender jr. About a week to 10 days ago they thru salt all over our roads. And then the snow missed us. It was in the mid 40's yesterday, but the thought of all that salt left me sitting at home.

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
imported post

I wouldn't ride my bike thru all that salt either, Ghost Rider! Hopefully you will get som rain and wash it off.

Dubs

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

dubs...

How complicated is that? I looked at that website for the belly tanks a few years ago and if i remember right there was some soldering or brazing involved on the bottom of the gas tank... is this so?

T

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
imported post

us385south, Yes, I took my tank to a welding shop this morning to weld a bung in the bottom of the tank to attach a larger gas line to flow gas directly from the top tank into the bottom one. I will get it back in a couple days and finish the install. The outer fairing came in today. I have the inner fairing semi attached to the front of the bike and will see what I need to do to fit the outer fairing to the inner fairing and around the larger front light. Once I have it mocked up and fitting the way I want it I will have it painted and finish the wiring. I ordered a set of Memphis Shades clamps to attach the inner fairing to the front forks but it is secure enough as is to fit the outer fairing.

Dubs

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Dubs...

I'm lost now. outer fairings... inner fairings??? Are we talking about a batwing like the Memphis Shades? I saw one of those at Halloween on a VRCC-er's bike in Kerrville. It had flames painted inside the clear fairing... it was awesome. He has a Honda VTX headlight mounted in that thing... it was mightily cool.

Got any pictures of what you're doing? Inquiring minds want to know!

T

·
Valkyrie Scum
2,777 Posts
imported post

I so wanted to get the fat girl out this weekend - mid 50's Saturday and upper 50's Sunday but a server upgrade kept me in front of my PC all weekend :X It was bad enough they scheduled it the last weekend before Xmas but they strung me along all weekend and I really didn't have to do much after noon Saturday until after 8pm Sunday.

Glad someone got to ride.:lash:

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

tybme...

I already know your coming to Nassir in Eureka Springs... the real question is if Dubs and Ghost Rider will be there...

T

·
Premium Member
2,250 Posts
imported post

I am working on it. I rode that area last summer. I would like to do Nassir and Insane, But I know I can't do both. Should know something for sure on vacation time by the first of Feb.

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
imported post

The Valkyrie forum and the Goldwing forum are having their rallys in Eureka Springs next year! I can't do both. Still trying to decide which one to attend.

As for the fairing. The Harley Batwing fairing is two pieces; an inner and an outer shell. The inner fairing houses the guages and is attached to the bike itself as the supporting structure. The outer fairing attaches to the front of the inner fairing. It is what you see from the front of the bike. Other brand fairings are one piece affairs.

I attach electrical components like relays etc to the inside of the inner fairing to hide them but have them easily accessable. I will take some pics to show you what I'm doing.

Dubs

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.