Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

And now, for your amusement a typical maintenance procedure on a Can-Am Spyder. This is for the oil change with both filters as well as sparkplug and air filter change. Now multiply this effort by the typical dealer shop labor rates....

Oily to bed, Patrick

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,221 Posts
imported post

wilkoi wrote:
And the total is??
Expensive......!!!!!:shock:

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
imported post

Glad to see the man has the instructions on the seat .......................:applause:

·
Senior Mem & Story Teller
3,498 Posts
imported post

Looks like it has been is a wreck.

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

The work being performed along with parts would run >$400.00 locally. The wheels were off to rotate the front tires. The tires are directional but I got a deal..both unmounted, swapped and remounted and balanced for $20.00
Spyders that have been wrecked actually look much better.

But..I enjoyed every minute of it. Patrick

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

Yes, final drive is a toothed belt ala HD. Just a single with a 32 tooth front drive. My machine also features a CVT because I have the paddle shift model, kinda like a Pingle but with hydraulics. Oh, and reverse is engine driven.

Patrick

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
imported post

I was thinking about getting one for the wife. Wow I got rid of the v-star because i had to pull pipes to change oil. no thanks we ride 8-12 k on a trip each year plus what we ride local up to the black hill 3 or 4 times each year crap it will cost 400.00 a year maintance.

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

The maintenance costs can be daunting only if you don't turn your own wrenches. I learned quickly about Tupperware removal from working on my own and others Wings. Not to mention oil changes front and rear on Wing trikes.But as I said,I enjoy every minute of it.

Patrick

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
imported post

ok so if i get one just say i'll buy it if you throw in all maintance for 5 years then trade lol. time is money lost... look like a blast to drive how much luggage space? it look like a lot in the show room. have you toured yet What is your mileage in the real world thanks T

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
imported post

On a Ferrari 308 you have to remove the RR wheel to get to the filter for an oil change.

just adds to the ownership experience.

:)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.