Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Official "Cheeky Plonker"
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think!! I just completely fixed a leak in my 30 year old, irreplacable, exhaust system. The way this stuff went on was amazing, it appeared to just suck itself up into the crack like it knew where to go, and it had my back!!
And it's made in the good ol' US of A.
OK I'm gonna stop right there.. and let ya'all know tomorrow! when it's hardened and purportedly ready, if it actually worked......????
Only then, should ya'all ought to know about it.
'cos if it does, there will be pictures of the can & where to get it. Not that it's hard for anyone!...:)

·
Official "Cheeky Plonker"
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I often get excited about stuff that works for me and I don't know if this has been on the market for Eons, all I know is that, this S#!T saved my Bike!

I had a leak along the bottom weld of my GL1100 right side header, and now, I don't!! I put it on with a Starbucks stirring stick, It was gonna cost me a whole bunch o' money to replace this exhaust, most likely with something equally as bad.

So now I'm gonna go back to carb' syncing, which may take me all Winter, but that's OK, because apart from that, all the old girl needs is a Delo 400 change.

You can get it at O'Rielly's for $3.99!! Hey, I told you it wasn't gonna be hard to find!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
I had a "tab" break off the exhaust tip on my oddball exhaust. Replacement was insane$
Called a few shops and of all the places, right down the street, the guy did a great weld job for twenty bucks.
I used that same stuff on a cast iron exhaust manifold on my tractor, lasted for years.
I used brake cleaner and just hosed the crack before applying. Clean base is the key!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.