Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
'90 1500; '00 1500
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there. Kansas, 25. Just impulse bought a '90 and an '00 1500 for $2600. They're my 9th and 10th bikes, 10 years riding sport, sport touring, and stunt, always Kawi or Honda, always do my own work, and oh boy is that going to be an adventure with these... didn't know what I was getting into. Love riding them though. Worth it.

'90 was included as a parts bike as it has no title but I did find the previous registration. 96k miles, strong fuel leak while idling (not always), unburnt fuel in exhaust, gearbox rattle with symptoms of bent shifter fork, mild electrical issues. Did manage a 60 mile highway ride with no issues aside from excessive fuel consumption. Good fairings, rides well.

'00 has 36k miles, needs front left & right fairings, clutch fluid loses pressure after being held in for ~10 seconds, rear brake lever completely loose, mild electrical/lighting issues.

So hopefully it's just petcock valve & seafoam on the '90 (not bothering with gearbox, ride til death then replace engine), flushing hydraulics and finding fairings on the '00, and then electrical diagnosis, new fluids, and cosmetic work on both... I'm sure that list will grow substantially. Anyhow, glad to be here, will follow forum rules, can't wait to learn more about GLs and oh god please help me

·
Magic Moderator
4,495 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum, glad to have U with us.
Congrats on finding a pair of Goldwings at a great price.

·
Premium Member
63,677 Posts
Hallo This Recruit

Welcome on this nice forum. Wish you al the best.
And good luck with your Wing.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Welcome to the forum. By your description of the issues, it sounds like you have a decent knowledge of bikes in general. You'll find that the 1500's are fairly easy to work on and DIY. Suggest getting a Service Manual to help out. There are lots of wrench-heads here that can answer just about any question that you might have, or at least point you in the right direction. With 20 & 30 year old bikes, somebody's surely already had the issue and fixed it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts