Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

:?I am most definitely NOT a mechanic; however, I have no problems reading AND following instructions. This appears to be a great site - love all the detailed info. Anyone have any suggestion on the best method to replace original radio/cassette with more modern radio and still be able to use intercom system??? thanks in advance for the assistance.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,921 Posts
imported post

Welcome from Oklahoma :waving: Enjoy the wing :cheesygrin:

·
Premium Member
4,573 Posts
imported post

Hello and Welcome to the forum :waving:

Now pull up a chair and make yourself at home :applause:

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

[align=center]

[/align]
[align=center]Welcome Major Rick[/align]

·
Premium Member
689 Posts
imported post

welcome to the site, the CB, intercom, and radio are integrated, and replacing the radio, will cancel out the other two.

I know of no other way of getting all 3 through the headsets, on the 1200, J&M electronics have an alternative for the 1500, so they may be worth a call. it would be better probably, to look at FM modulator to play mp3 etc.

good luck,

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

[align=center][/align]
[align=center]

[/align]
[align=center]One Hundred Thousand Welcomes Major Rick :claps:[/align]

·
Premium Member
28,832 Posts
imported post

Welcome, WelcomeTo Steve Saunders Goldwing Forum.If you have any questions no matter how trivial they may seem this forum is the place to ask them. What I have noticed is that some of the people here were :15red:'sin their previous lives and can answer any question you have. Theforums that I get the most from are::

Goldwing Technical Forum

General Motorcycle Discussion Forum

These have the best info aboutGoldwing’s and are where you ask questions and can get help..

For Sale/Wanted ForumGood stuff for Sale or if you have old parts sitting around the garage you would like to get rid of....

:18red::15red::12red::11red:

And when all you need is a good laugh to start your day try the:: Fun Forum After that it’s up to you which of the others you will like the best all I can do is suggest.

Again Welcome to the Forum...

Oh and did I mention everyone here loves pictures.. Show us some of yours... Even if it’s not a Goldwing just a pretty view

·
Premium Member
14,148 Posts
imported post

:waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving:

Hello from Virginia,

Welcome Aboard!!!!!

Glad to have you with us!

:waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving:

·
Premium Member
68,164 Posts
imported post

WELCOME:waving::waving::waving:

·
Premium Member
20,585 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the Forum Major Rick! :waving:

·
Premium Member
5,223 Posts
imported post

[align=center]:action:Welcome to the greatest forum on the net:action:

:action:Welcome from the "HOOSIER" state:action:[/align]

·
Premium Member
8,072 Posts
imported post

Howdy from the great Northwest!!:waving::waving::waving::waving:

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
imported post

This is the best forum out there. Since joining, I have replaced the 85 Aspy for a 1500. had to replace alternator and I am now preparing to leave for a trip to south GA. -- a Memorial day weekend trip and a small way to celebrate my birthday,,, something I have recently simply ignored. we don't need to be reminded of that LARGE number. cruising down the hwy can easily relax a soul... :)

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the greatest site on the net. You should post your radio issues in the tech section. Depending on the problem, may be fixable. The radio is the heart of the intercom system so you need it to work. Marine type am/fm radio with mp3 hookup is a good choice. If you want a cd player you will need the adapter plate.
http://www.sierra-mc.com/proddetail.asp?prod=SIE-RM-GL12

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
imported post

Thanks Paul. However, I have replaced 'that' wing with another. I may be looking to make some changes to this one also. I really do NOT want to 'delete' the original system. Need to keep the function of the CB, Radio & intercom. I am looking into adding an mp3 option; hopefully can do it via the cassette player. haven't had time to diagnose that possibility. For now, I will simply push the button until I find a suitable local radio in whatever town I happen to be going thru....
Thanks again. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.