Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Oh - THAT guy...
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I took the 'middle child', my 14 year old daughter,out for a nice ride. Left here Wed after work, took her down the coast to Gold Beach for the night, then Thu to the 'Trees of mystery' and then up the redwood highway to Cave Junction. We spent the night in the Oregon Caves lodge and toured the cave in the morning, then left for home today about lunch time and took a very scenic and little traveled road. So about 2 or 2 1/2 days and about 600 miles. We towed the little cargo trailer and it was great!

What makes it such a blessing is this is child #2 from wife #1. Anyone going through that kind of thing, you know it can be tough to maintain a relation ship with the kids. That event was about 12 years ago. Anyway, at the end when I dropped her off at her mom's I mentioned maybe we can do this again someday and her response was a wonderful, "I hope so". Best words I have heard in a while!

·
Premium Member
1,735 Posts
imported post

+1 for you. I love hanging out with my daughter. She's only 6 now, but wow do they grow up fast.

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
imported post

Good for you rpeters549. Daughters are special.

I took my oldest daughter, 25 now, out to Americade 3 years ago. We were gone for a week. Truely an enjoyable vacation. She'd never gone touring before but saw many videos and pictures of my wife and my trips we've taken all over the good ole USA. She's into scrap booking and made up a great booklet of our trip. It's really great to have kids that like to hang out with the parental units as they call us. Ha!

·
Premium Member
68,164 Posts
imported post

Congrats! Sounds like you had a wonderful time!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Oh - THAT guy...
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

It was a very nice trip. Amazing how long she could go before the 'I have to use the bathroom'...

·
Premium Member
1,201 Posts
imported post

At first I thought - "What's this doing in the Fun Forum?"

Then it hit me. :clapper:

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
imported post

Good for you. Glad to hear you and your daughter had a great time.:claps:

My daughter is 25 and she takes day trips with me. Hasn't taken any overnighters but she will sit in the saddle for 300-400 mile day trips.:action:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.