Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

i am so flippin' mad right now. got in an accident back in october and haven't had a job so couldn't get parts. and now when i finally get parts i take a look at the bike and find that it did have a bent valve :X i'm sure there's others out there who can relate to how mad i am right now, thinking i can start it up tonight and then realizing i have wait for the head gasket. luckily i got a whole head from this one guy and have the extra exhaust valve. so tomorrow i'm getting the spring compressor and fixing the valve and waiting very impatiently for the gasket. i wanna throw that bent valve through a wall!! :X:X:X:X:X:X:X:X:X sorry to vent but its better to do it here than take it out on the bike cause that'll just further postpone my riding. well any wayssss thanks for reading and hope to see ya out on the road soon.

cheers,
chris

·
Banned
7,545 Posts
imported post

,,,,,,,get a cat ,,,,name it socks,,,,,,,,, and be nice to it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

best advice ever. thanks, this morning i'm feeling so much better. and i can wait for the parts now it's gonna happen all in due time i've come to find. yay!:waving:

·
Premium Member
2,919 Posts
imported post

How did the valve get bent ?? That must've been a hell of an accident.

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

well i had some engine guards on that weren't like everyone else's they were only for the bottom side of the head. so the top half was exposed and when the bike went down just the top right corner of the valve cover cracked, timing belt cover cracked and idk how it really bent, but i looked at it now and it isn't moving. the guy i bought the extra head from is parting out a 1200 a few 1100 and some 1000's idk if i should post here or in the wanted section. but his name is stan and number 925 336 0264. located in san leandro ca, he's super nice and reasonable

·
Premium Member
2,137 Posts
imported post

I've bought a bunch of (1200) junk from Stan! Great guy and decent prices.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.