Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really like it. Got it used locally, so I saved some bucks, but I had to do some fiddling to get it to fit my bike (along with a kit from Tow Pac!). It had been on a Shadow. I'll post some photos when I get it to picture-worthy status. Riding a trike is REALLY different. I didn't realize the learning curve required. You have to really steer these things, I'm so used to leaning and slightly turning. And forget reverse steering in curves! It also took a while to learn not to put my feet down at stop lights. Really strange. It's all learnable, just really counter to the stuff I've gotten used to over the years. But, it will enable me to ride more often and for that I'm grateful.

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
The first time I ever road my father's trike, he told me as I started to pull away, "Now remember, you have to steer this one." I was thinking, "Yeah, okay, whatever." To my surprise when I got to the corner. It is truly a different ride. At present, still like two wheels but three probably are not to far off.

·
Senior Smart Aleck
1,599 Posts
I have an insta trike for my 1500 (came with bike when I purchased it). It is a different ride for sure. Definitely push pull turning on these. I use it from time to time but prefer 2 wheels. Hope you like it.

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
Good job.
I'll soon be adding some type of training wheels also.
Looking at the voyager
As soon as i finger out a way to shift.
Got quite a few possibilities to choose from.
(Other than a broom handle duct taped to the shifter)
Enjoy the ride

·
Premium Member
2000 GL1500SE
193 Posts
DaveW-
You might want to look at the Trigg Trike Kit out of Kentucky. I'm having one installed in a couple of weeks and, per my research, they are hands down more desirable than the Voyager. (Built better, more ground clearance, in my opinion, look better on a Goldwing. ) Jerrett, at the Ky. factory, is a great guy to call for questions and concerns. Just my two cents! Good luck with your trike kit hunt!

·
Premium Member
360 Posts
Insta-Trike by Tow Pak

It's been many moons since I logged on Steve Sauders site ,life, many miles on the Wing,and a permanent move to Vancouver Island BC has kept us busy for the last year. We ride here 12 months a year.At 68 I needed an edge because of the weight of our Wing,riding 2-up and pulling the trailer on our long tours.We installed an Insta-Trike on our charished 85 LTD , we love it. I ordered the reverse kit for it as well.For us it was the answer. It does'nt matter to me
what others say one way or the other, I've been riding 47 years and think for myself about Bikes and our needs, for us its safe,it works well,its well made and no more worry about my boot slipping on a wet steel Ferry deck and going down, or a bad angle on the hwy when stopped in construction not being able to get the bike back up off the side stand. As a person gets older they need an edge to muscle these bikes around, thats mine and I'm not to proud to admit it. BTW went to the Oyster Run in Astoria Wash. this year...awesome... 35,000 bikes what a treat. ;) Got a new Leather Vest too as a memento of the weekend.:)

·
Premium Member
360 Posts
Correction

The Oyster Run was in Anacortes not Astoria...had a senior moment there.:ssshh:

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
They're Stanley FatMax 28" tool boxes. Found 'em for $30 at Lowes. Supposed to be weatherproof from all the reviews I could find.

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
DaveW-
You might want to look at the Trigg Trike Kit out of Kentucky. I'm having one installed in a couple of weeks and, per my research, they are hands down more desirable than the Voyager. (Built better, more ground clearance, in my opinion, look better on a Goldwing. ) Jerrett, at the Ky. factory, is a great guy to call for questions and concerns. Just my two cents! Good luck with your trike kit hunt!
Actually, I have looked at the TRIGG and really liked it over the Voyager.
I think the only issue had to do with clearence of the floorboards.
But, Yes, I would prefer a TRIGG.

I'd love to see some pics when you ger er done.

Thanx for confirming Trigg is better than Voyager.

·
Premium Member
2000 GL1500SE
193 Posts
Jerrett at Trigg Trikes told me that floorboards shouldn't be a problem. I'll let you know for sure when I get it installed (also photos), have run into some delays 'cause of "flu season" down here in Alabama!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.