Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got to tell you all, it was not without reservations when I took a razor blade to cut a slit in my pristine GL1500(still under 10,000 miles) seat for the Utopia backrest but I have to say the backrest is great and an excellent quality product!

Cannot wait for the first long day in the saddle!:raspberry:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Just put a Utopia on my Victory Vision. The quality is outstanding. Very well made. Very comfortable. About 1/2 the price of factory and it looks better than factory. May take off the backrest off my wing and order a Utopia for it.

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
Looking good. I just installed the new Corbin seat with a backrest and it is a very nice item to have.

·
1,566 Posts
I've always had the tendency to slouch when I ride. But since I had that '05 car accident, that slouch can really mess up my back after a while. That accident exacerbated a preexisting back problem.
I put the Utopia on to stop that slouch and I have no back problems while riding.
My problem now is finding enough time to do the riding I want to do. (That and the funds to make the rides.)

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
Congrats....I put a show chrome on mine and I doubt I saved any money....actually I found out I really dont need it....different story on my VTX and Ultimate that one does come in handy.....

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
Congrats on getting the backrest ...am sure like me you'll wonder how you ever did without it

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
Does the Utopia have any adjustment to the angle of the backrest?

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Does the Utopia have any adjustment to the angle of the backrest?
The backrest pivots perfectly to your back by resting up against it. It is adjustable for both height and front to back.

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
Wadcutter, thanks for the link. That was exactly what I was looking to find out.

·
Unorthodox methods
21 Posts
I bought my 2010 Wing on August 1st and a Utopia backrest was on my shortlist of upgrades. I had the usual trepidation about cutting into my "new" seat, but got it done and it came out perfect! After a few more upgrades my wife and I rode 2 up from Texas to northern CA to visit family and friends. Over 4000 miles round trip. Had a great time and the backrest contributed mightily to the comfort of the Wing. I would do it again in a heartbeat.

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Took the Wing out for a short ride yesterday afternoon to test the backrest. What a difference! I know it will have a HUGE effect on those 500+ mile days.

·
650 Posts
i installed one on my wing i made sure i had the right spot before i cut measured like 10 times the back is great just so nice to rest back and put your feet up when on a long cruise

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.